ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cutting out at idle when heater/lights on -HELP

Titanium ph1 turbo
Ok, so ive had a problem which has increasingly gotten worse in the past few months...

It started with my car curting out if I was reversing and turning the steering wheel.. sometimes this would cause it to cut out at the point I took my foot off the accelerator and let the engine drop to idle speed...

Recently it's now started doing it when im simply driving... if I'm driving and dip the clutch to let the engine drop to idle speed, 50% of the time it will cut out....

Tonight I swapped the idle control valve for a spare one, went for a spin.. no difference...

I have noticed though that the problem is MUCH worse if I have say, the heater fan on full and my lights on, especially full beam... so it appears voltage/electric related...

Battery is a bosch 063 5yr one, which has been in about 4yrs....

What else could it be?... The only other thing ive noticed is one of the wires on the altenator appears broken... I assume this is the earth wire and that its getting power through the positive wire and making the loop through the casing?..

Titanium ph1 turbo
actually forget the altenator wiring bit I checked again and its fine.. my error... looking at other forum posts some people mention cleaning up the TDC sensor... is this a possible cause of the symptoms ive described?

dan's cast offs.
throttle body or icv, give body a good clean and recentralise the butterfly,make sure it does't stick.

also if you swap the icv for the costof a new one not really worth using a used one.