ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 decat fitting

clio 172 phase 2
Basically my decat to manifold bolts have worked there way loose . And i cannot get them tight again as the whole bolt spins but i cannot get anything on the bolt to hold it ? Any ideas

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Do you just mean you cant get on the bolt and nut at the same time?

2 man job really, one person in the bay to get on the bolt, another under the car to do/undo the nut.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Very awkward but can be done yourself but is easier with two people. You need to grip the nut and turn the bolt to tighten.

HBT 172 Cup
I gave up doing this lol, i spent the extra 30 mins just loweing the rear of the subframe, give you a good amount more access to scrape your nuckles!

172 ph 1/ 19 16v ph1
i gave up fitting my decat due to not being able to get the bolts undone lol

172 cup, Impreza P1
I jammed a piece of wood about 150mm long against the manifold and a bolt on the engine side and used a flexible extension a ratchet and found it straight forward eventually.

I put a a 10mm socket and a ratchet on the bolt (engine side) then put a a jack handle over the ratchet and jammed it inbetween the bulk head and inlet plenum. I then went underneath the car with another ratchet and a long extension and tightened the bolt up from there.

It was a bit pikey but it did the job.