ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ECU serial

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Thats the original part number from Renault - the ECU's are manufactured by siemans or lucas and the part number can varey

'92 172, Lotus Elise
ta, looking for Cb1C (ph1)

do they have any other numbers on them like the mk1s? (S101262105A)

'92 172, Lotus Elise
you really do stalk me on these forums don't you!

glad theres a few you don't know about ;)

VW Golf GT TDi 150ish
you really do stalk me on these forums don't you!

glad theres a few you don't know about ;)

Stalk!?! You ain't important enough!! Just broadening my Clio Knowledge :rasp:

Anyways, I'm sure you've been on the Mkiv ones "broadening your knowledge"

'92 172, Lotus Elise
not in aaaagess :p too dull! :D

for tonights serial number; S110130206A - that from a ph2?

not easy to find! :dead:

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
By a fluke of nature my Ecu is in my bedroom at the mo so i can give you all the numbers off it..... 8200069303, 8200044437 S110130206 Any help?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
cheers beanie :D

so basically i have come to the conclusion that serial numbers that end in 206 A and 240 B are both for a phase 1 but use slightly different software

not entirely sure what this software does though lol

what age was your 172 beanie? an early or later one?

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Obviously i know what all this is about and i'm guessing it comes back to those three letters i can't seem to stop hearing about.... UCH!? Does anyone know why people think you need it with the ecu what info is it supposed to supply to the ecu? I'm begining to think you can do without it like we have if it's just a Interior control unit.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
has something to do with immobiliser iirc as the signal from the decoder ring runs through the uch (that might be wrong though)

basically i have 3 ecus in my possession, two end in 240 and one ends in 206, i just wanted to know whether they are all for a phase 1, which i now think they are, and what the differences are? as fastchip says something to do with software, but still not entirely sure what lol