ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 exclusive £4625

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ No I mean that's what dealers use these day for PX values, normally they'd go £50 higher and say well this all you'll get from this lot, and then discount £100 of the car.
When I ditched my CTR for the Clio the Dealer I was buying the car from Offered my £4200 PX and I pay Full wack on the Clio, effectively this was £200 my way but told them to f**k off it's a 7k car and they are taking the piss, then he turned his monitor round.
I'm not sure sure that dealers rely on WBAC's prices (I take it that's what you mean)

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think to a certain extent they do, whats your other options otherwise? (private sale not included as that takes time) my brother sold his 320d he went to bmw and they offered him £13k, he went to we buy any car and they offered the same, he played them off each other and eventually for £13.5k from WBAC.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
^ No I mean that's what dealers use these day for PX values, normally they'd go £50 higher and say well this all you'll get from this lot, and then discount £100 of the car.
When I ditched my CTR for the Clio the Dealer I was buying the car from Offered my £4200 PX and I pay Full wack on the Clio, effectively this was £200 my way but told them to f**k off it's a 7k car and they are taking the piss, then he turned his monitor round.

Any dealer who relies on WBAC needs to go down the job centre and start a career somewhere else. Preferably one where they know what they're doing. I've never heard of anything so ridiculous in all my life.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio
This car is @ renault Croydon-

its a very optimistic price pitched into a tiny market- you never know there maybe a fan out there with cash on the hip'

However I would say the list should have been £3595 something like that & getting close to it on offer...
S

Just seems mental to me even at that price... paying £3.5k for what is just a ph1 (<2k car) with a shitter interior, painted in a nasty colour and s**t wheels
IMO of course

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Any dealer who relies on WBAC needs to go down the job centre and start a career somewhere else. Preferably one where they know what they're doing. I've never heard of anything so ridiculous in all my life.

WBAC quote very low prices, if the dealer thinks the punter is daft enough to trust it as a reference then why use CAP prices etc instead?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Ive spoken to a few dealers lately who dont bother with Glasses or CAP for PX-

they look at the online classifieds what mid priced cars go for & knock a flat %age off - usually around 20-40%

so 7k becomes 1.4k less @ 20% - PX - 5.6k
or even 4.2k @ 40% -

usually somehwhere in the middle-

WBAC is a good tool to see what a bottom price might be for trade if you are going across mark-

Depends how greedy they want to be-
S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
WBAC quote very low prices, if the dealer thinks the punter is daft enough to trust it as a reference then why use CAP prices etc instead?

Fair enough using it as a haggling tool, but Hardinger said it's what dealers were relying on for px values. Which is what I was getting at.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Ive spoken to a few dealers lately who dont bother with Glasses or CAP for PX-

they look at the online classifieds what mid priced cars go for & knock a flat %age off - usually around 20-40%

so 7k becomes 1.4k less @ 20% - PX - 5.6k or even 4.2k @ 40% -

Depends how greedy they want to be-
S

That's what we do. If glasses guide says a car is worth £3000 but they're all over autotrader at dealers for £2999, why pay any attention to glasses? We just go onto autotrader/ebay and look at the classifieds and go from there.

Saves the £800/pa on glasses and cap too! lol.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That's what we do. If glasses guide says a car is worth £3000 but they're all over autotrader at dealers for £2999, why pay any attention to glasses? We just go onto autotrader/ebay and look at the classifieds and go from there.

Saves the £800/pa on glasses and cap too! lol.

Im sure you of course know what you are doing, but one quick reminder for anyone else reasing this thread, big difference between what cars are advertised for and what they sell for in a lot of cases, so be careful taking too much notice of online ad prices.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Ph1 track car, Dci
Haha oh dear dreamer.

Just got back from looking at one of these today my mate wants it for track, cars on 82k! Mine for £400:D . Deprashers knocking its tits off needs new discs and pads and coilpack, the shell and paint is good condition though!

Having a think about it, do people pay anything for the grey leather in these are we are guttinh this one and it'll be money in the pot?!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers bro, I knew it weren't right.