ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 exhaust blowing/popping

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi, I have a 4 year old 172 and for a while the whole car jolts/shudders in tune with the exhaust blowing/popping (every 2/3 secs its pop pop sometimes it comes out of the rubber mount) Anyone have any ideas what this is ? I have recentley had a new exhaust and cat (cat was only on thursday) I thought this would cure it but its still the same. It only does it once the engine has been on 5 mins or so, Im trying what it could now be (spark pplugs maybe ?) Thanks.

1 Series Coupe
I had this on my 1.2.. Took it into renault and they replaced the spark plugs... Renault will try to rip you off with a £100 bill just for spark plugs fitted... BUT spark plugs are £4 each!! It is perfect now!

RS Clio 200
I had this on my 1.2.. Took it into renault and they replaced the spark plugs... Renault will try to rip you off with a £100 bill just for spark plugs fitted... BUT spark plugs are £4 each!! It is perfect now!

only charged me £14 for my spark plugs fitted ;)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Thanks guys, is it hard to do on the 172 ? I cant see a guide. I changed them on my old dynamique 1.2 so hopefully it wont be more tricky on the 172 (the dynamique was tricky cos the plugs sat so deep in the engine, I needed a long shaft to get em in an out) many thanks