ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Exhaust Problem

Does anyone know anything about the problem with the exhaust on the 172s. It seems to be a common that there is a noise at around 4000 revs.

My brother has experienced the same thing on his 172 but so far Renault have not been able to resolve it.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so how was it resolved?

LOL, its easier to ask who hasnt had this problem!

Simple solution - fit an aftermarket exhaust e.g. K-Tec.

320d M Sport

problem? Hmm, let me think!??

Tell Reno to do their frikkin homwork, theyre lying if they say they dont know what it is.

Its either the heat shield or loose downpipe/middle pipe or both. Nearly everyone has had this problem.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 12 December 2003
Tell Reno to do their frikkin homwork, theyre lying if they say they dont know what it is.

exactly, there aint a renault dealer in the UK that dont know about this problem...

I had the centre section replaced under warrenty and all is fine now. Still getting a Ktec when I have saved enough

Ad

MK2 FRS

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 12 December 2003

LOL, its easier to ask who hasnt had this problem!

Simple solution - fit an aftermarket exhaust e.g. K-Tec.
I wish it was that easy, that solution works on the majority of cars, these are cars that renault can fix!!!! The are a small number that they are currently unable to resolve, this problem is know as SOLUTION 5051. I have had the 4k rattle for as long as ive had my 172. Finally went for a magnex, cat back, whilst the problem is better and no where near as intrusive, it has not solved it. I have had two cats and 3 centre sections in an attempt for them to solve it. It hasnt. Its a matter of waiting now.