ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buzzing when letting off at high rpm

ash_89

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
Have a loud buzzing noise coming from what sounds like the exhaust on my 172 CUP.
First thought was checking all the heatshields ,these are all solid no rattles from what I can tell. Next thing to check is the baffles on the exhaust.

Has anyone else had this? Its only on de-acceleration from high rpm, I'm not a fan of the Honda style bzzzzzz.

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
When you're having a poke around the car, try to take a look at your centre exhaust hanger, as well as the rear. The OEM centre hangers are known to be pretty weak and perish quickly. My centre hanger had collapsed, causing the exhaust to rest against the rear beam and buzz like crazy on decel from high revs.

BTT Motorsport sell a polybushed centre mount which I've fitted to my car, it solved the issue easily: https://bttmotorsport.co.uk/collect...172-182-btt-polyurethane-centre-exhaust-mount

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
When you're having a poke around the car, try to take a look at your centre exhaust hanger, as well as the rear. The OEM centre hangers are known to be pretty weak and perish quickly. My centre hanger had collapsed, causing the exhaust to rest against the rear beam and buzz like crazy on decel from high revs.
This!

My exhaust used to resonate badly under heavy acceleration. Couldn't get to the bottom of it so just lived with it.

Then I bought some new exhaust hanger brackets - the ones attached to the boot floor - and some mounts and low and behold it sorted it.

The hangers were so minging they were recording the sound and playing it back to me lol

ash_89

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172
Cheers guys,

Just ordered one of the BTT Motorsport center hangers, mine currently has a Oem one fitted ( I know how shocking they are haha).