ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Exhaust Replacement

My sisters 172's exhaust has gone...rear box but possibly the centre section too;

Wheres the best place to get a std replacement and why...also costs?

Opinions?

VaVa
If it were me I would get a KTEC stealth or similar. The Renault exhaust is sh*te ( mine went twice in the space of two months!!) and is also pretty bloody expensive.

Might as well get a stainless one fitted with a lifetime guarantee as it will probablybe cheaper than buying a standard one.

I know but she wants standard unfortunately!

Already looked up the price on dialogies...100odd for the rear and a bit more for the centre section. I would normally say kwikfit too but i recently got badly shaped parts on my clio from there and am also a bit dubious of quality.

Ph2 172
The std system is only available as Renault origional. That said, you do not have to go via Renault dealer.

I had mine go about a month ago, took can to local tyre/exhaust place that i've used for years. THey had to get via Renault network - as apparantly none of the patern companies are making 172 systems.

The 172 system as factory fitted is single piece - CAT back. However, the replacement has to be 2 piece as it isn't possible to fit it single - it is fitted at a fairly early stage of car build apparantly. Mine cost me £325, apparantly it is much dearer if you go direct to Renault dealer.

You can get cheaper aftermarket stainless as has been mentioned. I needed my car back on the road as quite as possible, so i just had to go for std as they could get it next day.

Hmmm...interesting.

How much louder over std is the stealth as shes considering it...it is totally hidden like the std one isn't it?

Hi u33db,

I used to own a 172Mk1 a couple of years ago and played around with the exhaust quite a bit - I've got lots of spare parts still littering the house including a couple of hundred mile old standard Renault backbox (still has the Renault stickers on it!), a Devil de-cat (about 1000 miles old) and Devil unsilenced center-section (never fitted). If you live anywhere near Sheffield, just give me the cash to come and meet you somewhere and you can have them for free!

Cheers,

Matt

Matt, that would have been ace but i'm up in Aberdeen and its a phase2 172 unfortunately! Times like this its rubbish being so far north! :-(

LOL no worries - cheers anyway for the offer :)

Theres also a powerflo near me...how much would they roughly charge to do a stainless direct copy of the std system do you think? (i'd check myself but they're closed)