ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Exhaust

Clio 200 FF

im wanting to get an aftermarket zorst pref with a 3.5" tailpipe, does just a backbox sound much louder (deep) on a 172 or will i need a full system?

ICE'dberg MK2 172

If you want loud then you can do no better than the K-tec one. Ask everyone who has one....they sound the muts nuts too!!

But.....if you can wait a couple of weeks mine is being exchanged for the new quieter one. (wife not happy...too loud!!) I know David said he would be selling it as 2nd hand so it could be going cheep!! only done 600 miles.

I have to ring him next week to get it booked in for sometime near the end of Feb beginning March.

I know you want a single but personally think the twin is IT!

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=356http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=356 <<check link for full spec.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/products/clio2/engine/172_twin_exhaust.jpg

Renault Laguna Coupe

Most people seem to go for the full system. Not sure what tailpipe options there are, but you can pretty much guarantee that if you get one from k-tec racing itll be loud!

If you dont want it really loud a Magnex will give you the rumble youre looking for with out annoying the neighbours too much. Dont think Magnex can offer a single 3.5" tailpipe though, just twin 3.5" or 6x4 oval.

If you decide to get a k-tec system join this club first and youll get a discount which will cover your membership fee many times over!

Clio 200 FF

cheers guys, chris if you could let me know how much your system is id be grateful - is it very loud throughout the rev range or just higher up?

Hehe, yeah neightbour alert! the k-tec rumbles constantly, but god does it get loud as soon as your push that pedal! LoL

Damn good exhausts, whether you get the magnex or the k-tec.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 01 February 2003

Hehe, yeah neightbour alert! the k-tec rumbles constantly, but god does it get loud as soon as your push that pedal! LoL
I leave for work at 7:30 and have to get it out of the garage. The whole house rumbles!!! god knows what the semi detatched neighbour thinks?

Robby youll have to speak to k-tec because they they are swopping it for free. and its them thatll be selling it second hand....top blokes!!!

S2000

Chris are you changing it for the whole new quiter exhaust then not just changing the centre section for the new silenced centre section?

I got the silenced centre section put on today and id say it now sounds pretty much the same as the magnex. I reckon the whole quiter exhaust would be too quiet for my likeing.

Robby the factory fitted exhaust is one piece from the cat back so if you get just a back box it will have to be cut off then the new one welded on.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Robbie - the Magnex is a bit boomy at around 4000rmp - gets less so one its done a few miles. Apart from that its rumble rumble at low revs, then a nice wail once you get going. My Magnex was £335 fitted. I think the K-tek one might be a touch less but theyre all around the same price, and you get a lifetime guarantee.

Roamer its no wonder you feel so alone - that things like a weapon of mass destruction - Hans Blix would not approve. If were going out for a beer later I expect to be able to hear you once you get to the Wolverhampton turn off!