ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 gremlins

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Thoughts please. Ph1 172. Turns over but won't fire up.

I've had the interior out recently and dash top is off. However it has run since doing this.

Noticed today the central locking isn't working either

The immobiliser light does go out OK.

Any thoughts were to start looking?

G Hut

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, V90 T8
Thoughts please. Ph1 172. Turns over but won't fire up.

I've had the interior out recently and dash top is off. However it has run since doing this.

Noticed today the central locking isn't working either

The immobiliser light does go out OK.

Any thoughts were to start looking?
Mine did this a few weeks back was the fuel pump relay in the box by the battery. Pics of the on in my 172 thread

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Updates.
No I don't hear the pump on ignition....
I've swapped the relays and no luck. Is there another fuse to check. I don't think so?

Tdc all looks OK.

The immobiliser light goes out and the light by gear stick blinks OK too.

I presently have the top of dash off and steering column surround. I'm sure it ran OK before like this. Just clutching at straws now

Could you check if the fuel pump is working by attaching a battery to it?

That would help work out if the fuel pump is dead or if it's just not getting power.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Mine did this a few weeks back was the fuel pump relay in the box by the battery. Pics of the on in my 172 thread

I’d check this.

Mine did the same and the fuse box under the bonnet was a bit corroded where the relays fitted in. Removed and sanded off all connectors and it fired up.