ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 HEADLIGHTS NOT WORKING

Rs monaco 172 mk2
As above. iv got a 2002 172 and my zenons are not working. both lights decided to turn off last night while i was driving.

i have checked all the fuses and they are ok.
my fog lights work
my side lights work
my indicators work.

though there is no headlight light on my dashboard now.
i tried changing the indicator stork with a new one. but still the same.

has anyone got a clue what it could be

thanks

Ian

Focus TDCi
Not sure this is going to help, but when mine went out it was because the fuse had blown. I replaced the bulbs and the fuse and they have been fine since. However, this sounds like it could be a bigger problem if the fuse has aleady been checked.

The module that controls alot of the electrics, expensive fix if it is the problem though, I've not long had mine done and it cost me £300 and that was at a reduced rate.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
1st. Has the car got auto lights and wipers?
2nd. Did you have a passenger in the car when they went off.

Silly questions but I need the answers to help you.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
1st. Has the car got auto lights and wipers?
2nd. Did you have a passenger in the car when they went off.

Silly questions but I need the answers to help you.

hi there mate
yes its got auto headlight and wipers and there was also someone in the passenger seat
cheers cal

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
It could be that they have accidently kicked the relay out. It's located in the passenger footwell below the glovebox area just where the passengers feet would have been. Look up underneath with a torch towards the back of the black box and check that the relay is pushed firmly home.You will see what I mean when you have a look.

If that doesn't sort it let me know.

Laters

Bob

MERCEDES CLS AMG
No ones mentioned the Charger packs ( bolted underneath lights )

Highly unlikely for them to blow at the same time but worth a look. UCH would be last port of call. Very common fault on the Renault range and can be the cause of numerous electrical faults. Disconnect it and reconnect it - ive done this several times and it sometimes works fine afterwards. Clip diagnostic should bring the fault up

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
It could be that they have accidently kicked the relay out. It's located in the passenger footwell below the glovebox area just where the passengers feet would have been. Look up underneath with a torch towards the back of the black box and check that the relay is pushed firmly home.You will see what I mean when you have a look.

If that doesn't sort it let me know.

Laters

Bob

hi mate thanks very much for your advise it looks like it had been kicked out by the passenger.
thanks again
cal :D