ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Headlights.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've used a couple of headlight restoration kits on my 172, but even with using lacquer and Gtechniq ceramic gloop to seal them they still go hazy. Where is a good place to get new replacements, and is there a difference between 172, 182 or any other Mk2 clio units?

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
I did a bit of digging a while back as mine are the same. They xenons are no longer available new from Renault.
The standard halogen headlights are still available new from Hella though.

Your best bet would be to find a decent set of none hazy lights from here or eBay and religiously keep on top of them/restore each year.

All MK2 Clio headlights should fit too. While I’m cleaning up my xenons at the moment, I’ve got a cheap set of halogen headlights from a 1.2 Mk2 in for the time being.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
As above all the mk2 units are the same, I have cheapo halogen depo ones on the trackcar, they do the job and don’t cost the earth, not the best fit but have black inserts.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Are the wiring connections for halogen and xenon the same? I might see if i can get a set of hella's.
I've been cleaning them up each spring, but I'm sure they just go opaque quicker. I think once the UV protection is gone it's always going to be a battle.

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
Are the wiring connections for halogen and xenon the same? I might see if i can get a set of hella's.
I've been cleaning them up each spring, but I'm sure they just go opaque quicker. I think once the UV protection is gone it's always going to be a battle.
Yep, just plug and play.
How long were you getting out of your GTechniq Ceramic coating before they were starting to Haze? I’ve been looking at this to seal one of my set of lights.

Renault Clio RS 182
I'm in a similar situation to the above. Everything except for the plastic lenses is fine... but I guess they're a sealed unit ? Is it not possible to buy something like the link below and take the xenon bulbs etc... from my existing unit and swap over ? I know the balasts etc... are located outside the unit.

Having said that, these aftermarket units state that they're 'grey' and look a bit different to my standard unit on the 182.