ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Heater not very hot

Hi All,

What with the cold weather upon us, I had the Climate control up at 26 degrees on the way to work this morning (hours drive). I didnt seem to get too toasty in the car as I would have expected it to.

I put it on max, and although the heat improved slightly, it was too noisy with the fan.

The air coming out of the vents only feels warm, not hot. Anyone else get this?.....

Renault Laguna Coupe

Mine was always ok - check the coolant level? If not get a dealer to check the cabin temperature sensor.

How long Jilly? - Air con wasnt on by the way. Youd think a 2 litre engine producing that amount of power would produce a fair amount of heat....

Does everyone get their 172s really toasty inside??

Lee

BMW M2C

Mine is blowing warm air within a couple of minutes and is toasty warm within a short space of time.

I drove in with it set at 20 degrees this morning as it was too hot on 22 and I was nodding off.

7.6cc :D

Takes about 5 minutes for anything resembling warm air to come out of mine, obviously worse in this weather as the car takes longer to warm up anyway, but my Puma used to warm up in about 1-2 minutes after the engine was on.

Lee

BMW M2C

Was this using it in auto mode?

If you do it manually then it shouldnt use the cabin temperature sensor so if you put it up to 26 or whatever max is, it should blow hot air.

Is the internal temp display correct?? When the sensor broke (in the wing mirror) on my car it messed up the inside temp..

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 30 November 2004
Is the internal temp display correct?? When the sensor broke (in the wing mirror) on my car it messed up the inside temp..

Same happened with my 172 at just 3 weeks old.

Lee,

Yes, I was in AUTO mode, will try it on MANUAL tonight on the way home, if youre sure it bypasses the cabin sensor....

Viv, I dont have an internal temp display, only an external temp display, am I missing something here??

Quote: Originally posted by Horace on 30 November 2004

Viv, I dont have an internal temp display, only an external temp display, am I missing something here??
Nope, just me not explaining it right!! I meant the internal display on the dash showing the temp outside!! :oops:

Mine was showing 37 last winter so the car was cold inside. After having the sensor replaced the heater worked fine