ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 I Detailed

Saxo :(
First post, bit of an ASW one i know! I have a members car on here to do this month hopefully so I thought it would be common sence to register now. Leeroybrown is the member by the way. Anyway Enjoy guys :)

Copied from Detailing World,

Well had a nice detail to do today! It’s always nice to work on different cars and today I got the chance to work on a Clio 172. It’s been a long day but the results for this were very rewarding, I have shocked myself with this one to be honest.
Again this is me and Ash working on the car, not just me so thanks to Ash for the help, would have taken twice as long as always.
After meeting Ash we went to go and detail the 172, first thing we had a look around the car and good news! It was already in pretty good condition. No major swirling, just a little but an easy fix. No laquer scratches etc.
This is how the car stood before.
1.jpg

We then got the products and tools ready for the detail
2.jpg

Paying some attension to detail while I was waiting on a coffee I opened up the fuel cap and gave it a wash out and applied some AutoGlym Bumper Care to it.
3.jpg

4.jpg

Also the spare wheel was removed and cleaned with Chemical guys de-greaser and some wheel brushes, dried with a spare waffle weave towel and followed by a coat of poorboy’s wheel sealent for good measure.
5.jpg

6.jpg

The car was then washed down with some Super Snow Foam, Chemical Guys Heavy Wash and topped up with some Meg’s Shampoo. Then using 2 wash mitts me and Ash went around the car got into every nut and cranny. We also cleaned the arches out but I did not manage to get any pictures of this so pretty pointless! Ah well
7.jpg

The owner had already Clay barred the car the previous week so that was another worry of the mind, next we cracked on with the porter cable, as stated there was no major defects in the paint so for good measure we took the swirls out using poorboy’s ssr 2.5, here is some pictures doing this.
8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

The wheels were cleaned with some wheel brushes during the washing stage so all that was left to do was seal them and coat the tyres. I went round and added a coat of poorboy’s wheel sealent to each wheel waiting 20 minutes before buffing off. The tyres were then coated in some Meg’s tyre Gel.
12.jpg

13.jpg

Now the messy part of the detail was over we got to work on the faded parts I.e plastics. These were all coated with AutoGlym bumper care, after bending my nails back on numerous occasions the front grills were finally done.
14.jpg

15.jpg

Glad that was out the way!, next step was too add a sealent to the paintwork. We chose poorboys ex-p for this as we had read it works wanders on light coloured cars… and how right them people were. What a great product! Here are the pics during coating,
17.jpg

And after we buffed it off an hour later!
18.jpg

Next up was to apply a wax to the paintwork to protect it, the weapon of choice was Dodo Wax orange, a bit of a weird choice you might be thinking? Yes it is meant for bright coloured cars I.e red/yellow etc but I had previously used this on a silver car and I was very happy with the results it gave. It applied PERFECTLLY over the poorboy’s ex-p.. I was very impressed.
19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

Next up was the engine bay, unfortunately we did not manage to get any before pics… boo hoo. Here are the after anyway, the owner was very impressed with the engine. I preferred the paintwork myself!
22.jpg

23.jpg

So the car was done, this is how it ended up looking.
25.jpg

26.jpg

Hope everyone likes it.. Had a great day on this! 172's are also nice cars to drive :( I dread to think what the 182's are like. My opinion on these has really changed as well... starting to love the clio's.

Cheers JHN, I might stick around in the detailing section. Working from home I don't really have much more to do hehe.

Leeroy I can't wait :(

Haz, don't have the bottle to get that finished lol! looks awful at the moment, it's been like that for months.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You dressed the fuel cap before you washed it?? :S Last thing i would of done but fair play.

Other than that looks a semi decent turnaround! :)

haha don't worry leeroy, e-fight not needed in my first thread after all!

Ali, cap was re-checked afterwards and unfortunately no water had seeped in.. so that was fine. Constructive criticism is always welcome, forever trying to improve my skills.

TeZ

Non RS : (
bit confused on the way you apply dressings as said above but loiks a good job on wat was truly dog s**t

Thank you for the welcome Ben,

A friend takes all my pictures for me, he has one of them big camera's. I would not know were to start with them lol

Leon Cupra 300
lol, i work in Hull, Goole, Scunni and see plenty about so it might of been him somewhere.. all blends into one lol.