ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 inlet removal

172 5HED
Is there a guide on here?

Searched but cant see one... wanna get my matched inlets on tonight!

53 Clio's & counting
there are 5 bolts on the front to undo, plus 2 either side of the coil pack on the back,
you will need to take the coil pack off also, thats another 4 bolts. The bolts on the front tend to strip their threads which is why i replaced them with 5 nuts and bolts instead.

Plus the map sensor, the ICV, and vacuum pipe.

Also the TPS plug, and the throttle cable needs to be removed, then the top should lift off.

The lower one is a right pain, undo the fuel rail cover (2 10mm bolts),you need to remove the fuel rail and injectors (4 plugs, 2 10mm bolts, then the injectors should pull out gently still attached to the rail, then unplug the rail from the fuel line) then the studs that the fuel rail bolts to, plus the 5 bigger bolts along the bottom of the manifold, there is also a bolt to the side on the alternator backet, plus one right on the side by the engine mount, you may need to undo the engine mount and jack the engine up slightly to get at it (i never bothered putting that one back in and it never caused any problems so leave it out if its easier) also there is one bolt that goes down through the engine mount bracket to take out.

There is a small bolt holding the wiring loom for the injectors to the alternator bracket to take off, i think thts it, the manifold slides out to the right, and is a right pain getting it back on due to the gasket keep moving as you slide the mani back on.

refit is reverse of the above

Last edited:
  B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Be VERY gental when tightening up the bolts on the inlet, they are prone to snapping the heads off.

As Russ mentioned :approve:

53 Clio's & counting
Thanks matey, did you chuck the nuts in or do I need some? Any idea what size?

They should have been in there matey, im sure i put them in :S

To be honest i cant remember what size off the top of my head :dapprove: