ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 janspeed exhaust

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

I thought Janspeed went bust???

Anyway, Ive had a Janspeed in the past and took it off as it was loud!

Janspeed used to be great..no idea how they are doing now since their revival. Theyre exhausts normally make a sporty note, nothing major.

-Rob

sorry to say it but i wouldnt touch janspeed, the people i know whove had them have been very unhappy with the quality, one mate had major problems with the baffles and had his replaced several times and vowed never to buy anything from them ever again

Ad

MK2 FRS

My dad had a janspeed on his 200BRM. Nice sporty note, not too loud. Looked nice too. qualtity not too bad

My brother had a Janspeed on his Nova 1.4 (yes, yes, I know - it was a long time ago though!) and it was sooo loud and buzzy - not nice at all and he took it off within a few thousand miles as it was embaressing (no more so than driving a Nova though :oops:). Hopefully the 172 item will be better designed mate...

Matt

Alright Rhys! How ya doin? Im currently laughing my ass off at the thread about the guy who reckons an Ecosh*te improves acceleration, economy and third world debt... I also like the fact that he reckons you use big words and uses this as an argument against you... Quality! :D

Matt

Hi Mike! Cant afford Donnington again :( at present (need to look for a place to live closer to work) but I still cant believe how much fun that was! Nobody believes me that a 172 can go round an Elise (badly driven, admittedly) on the Craner Curves! Anyway, you wouldnt stand a chance now mate as Ive got a full Devil system on mine now (including de-cat) and it goes like stink! I still cant drive for toffee though, so maybe thatll even things up a bit!

Are you off on another trackday then or something? (Not been on here for ages so Ive kind of lost track! :confused:) Hope you and the red rocket are well, and look forward to seeing you again soon...

Matt

I used to have a Janspeed (full system) on a Sunny GTi-R, sounded amazing although it was vvv loud, even got the odd bit of flame on a couple of down changes. As for reliability I didnt have any problems whatsoever which is a hell of alot more than I can say for f*****g Devil - absloute complete bag of sh**e. Had a centre section and back box on my 172 (mk1) for about 18 months, centre section was replaced 3 times and the back box 4, in the end I got all my money back and got a Scorpion system which Ive had for about a year and so far so good (fingers crossed). Mates got a Mk2 172 and also unfortunately bought a Devil Back box, hes now on his fourth!! The Devil system on mine only sounded good when it was very warm, although admitedly it did sound rather nice then. As with most things though you pays your money and takes your chance as no doubt there are loads of people out there who havent had any probs with Devil.

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 23 September 2003
I thought Janspeed went bust???

they went into administration, but managed to copmile a plan tha would see them clear off atheir debts, AFAIK they are still owned by the same company

personally not a fan of janspeed, poor build quality, awful note,and plain boring to look at

I purchased a janspeed cat back S1 system for my clio 16v bout 3 months ago and im really pleased with it. Had no problems with the fittment and has a really nice gurgle sound when you put your foot down. Its also not too loud on motorway journeys.