ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172... lowering advise

17poo
hi. cant afford coilovers at mo and due to the fact it needs lowering im gunna invest in sum springs for the time being....BUT.... how low would ya go and wot springs would ya reccomend. its a phase 1 172 on 16 inch wheels

THANKS

R27 - 77/500
so if u put eibachs on whats dampers do u recommend? im in the same boat really.

sorry for the hijack

I currently have a set of Apex 40mm on their way for my 182

I'm tempted to fit them myself, but will the tracking need doing afterwards?

16's on Apex

Parade_471.jpg

I got apex on my cup with standard shocks - well pleased, coilovers are on my wish list but for now the apex are a top mod for the money.

I'm just strugglint to think of a place to get them fitted. Mike@Rentech needs two weeks notice and he's fookin miles away. I dont want to take it to some backstreet dive.

Roy Munson said:
I'm just strugglint to think of a place to get them fitted. Mike@Rentech needs two weeks notice and he's fookin miles away. I dont want to take it to some backstreet dive.
Do it yourself or people on the forum will do it for cheap.

Renault Clio Sport 172
Ihave just lowered my 172 with apex 40mm springs n the tracking seems to be fine but it its always best to do tracking, but if you can it would be worth getting a four wheel laser alignement done, just to make sure it hasnt effected al the camber of the wheel. Does cost a little more but will be better than having to get new tyres every few months.

Renault Clio Sport 172
Ihave just lowered my 172 with apex 40mm springs n the tracking seems to be fine but it its always best to do tracking, but if you can it would be worth getting a four wheel laser alignement done, just to make sure it hasnt effected al the camber of the wheel. Does cost a little more but will be better than having to get new tyres every few months.

:evil:

clio 172
buy my coilovers for cheap!!
any of you.
please!!!!
gaz full front coilovers height and damper adjustable but spax shocks with adjustable damping on the rear with a lowering spring. strapped for cash so need shut of something. plus thinking of giving the car to the misus.