ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 mapped for 97 RON

clio 172
Hi is it possible or do you know where to get the 172 chipped to run on 97 RON and not 95 which is standard i presume?

Hope not a stupid question?

Edd

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
You can just use it cant you ??? I use usual fuel then every 3 tanks i use vpower on the 182

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Itll run any as std. Henk at Fastchip.nl scripts his maps for 98 ron. Even so im running his latest one & tbh only use vpower for the lubricants & additives it contains versus the marginally higher octane rating.

Inferno 182 CUP
You can just use it cant you ??? I use usual fuel then every 3 tanks i use vpower on the 182

that will be doing sweet f**k all lol .. it takes around 3 tanks to flush all the old s**t out and let v power kick in .. so if your using crap fuel 3/4 of the time its a complete waste.

99 V power is awesome tho

DMS

A thirsty 172
Any custom remap can be tailored to prefer 97RON+. The higher the octane rating the more resistant the fuel is to detonation under compression. Therefore, the ignition timing can be retarded slightly, thus giving a bigger bang when it does spark and theoretically giving more power / efficiency.

^^ That's how I understand it anyway. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell me how wrong I am. All I know is that my car cannot run properly on poverty spec fuel now Obi Wan has plugged his laptop into it :cool:

DMS

A thirsty 172
Andy @ K-Tec did it. The map was great TBH, although it's been re-mapped again for more boost and I don't pick the car up until tomorrow so I don't know what the new map's like. I'm sure it'll be all good though. I've been in quite a few cars he's done and they've all ran great.
A lot of people slate his maps for various reasons but I've never had issues, and neither has anyone else I know.

TDF, RS Tuning, Chipwizards, JMS / Henk @ Fastchip are also highly regarded on here, although I have no experience of them myself.

DMS

A thirsty 172
He did mention something about 317bhp. He also said that it was making so much torque it caused the paddle clutch to slip, so he had to tone it down a tad. :approve:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Any custom remap can be tailored to prefer 97RON+. The higher the octane rating the more resistant the fuel is to detonation under compression. Therefore, the ignition timing can be retarded slightly, thus giving a bigger bang when it does spark and theoretically giving more power / efficiency.

^^ That's how I understand it anyway. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell me how wrong I am. All I know is that my car cannot run properly on poverty spec fuel now Obi Wan has plugged his laptop into it :cool:

^ This, basically ..

They are recommended for 97+ RON as the compression ratio is so high... ~11.4:1 IIRC ?

Optimax all the time FTW.

Inferno 182 CUP
im running a map made by Andy too .. its awesome .. car tells you to f**k off it you put anything less than 99 in it though.

I run on v power always.

tried bt ultimate and fucked a maf sensor.
tried 95 when nothoing else was available and it fucked maf sensor and car both times cut out and completely died on me.

But with V power. Unleash the beast!

clio 172
by the way why can't we have the same map as used in the cup racers as they were supposedly putting out 200 on standard internals?

DMS

A thirsty 172
Dunno? Probably requires racing fuel or something?
Or maybe, in typical Renault style, they over-hyped the power figures?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I run on v power always.

tried 95 when nothoing else was available and it fucked maf sensor and car both times cut out and completely died on me.

Not being funny but if it was doing that everytime I put anything other than vpower in it, i'd be taking it back.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
im running a map made by Andy too .. its awesome .. car tells you to f**k off it you put anything less than 99 in it though.

I run on v power always.

Hang on, on a Twingo 133?

Your car is fucked if it is doing that!

Inferno 182 CUP
Not being funny but if it was doing that everytime I put anything other than vpower in it, i'd be taking it back.

It does it if i use anything but V Power yes. But when its on V its awesome

Hang on, on a Twingo 133?

Your car is fucked if it is doing that!

No thats how its mapped

Do twingo's even have MAF sensors?

Oh and LOL @ the OP.

Upstream Oxygen Sensor fucked i mean to be more precise.

err what? that's not actually possible in either scenario

See above

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Mate, not meaning to sound harsh, but I don't think you know what you are on about. You were asking th eother day about induction setups for the twingo, you were saying it is for track use, yet didn't realise all the heatsoak issues with an open cone filter.

Inferno 182 CUP
Mate, not meaning to sound harsh, but I don't think you know what you are on about. You were asking th eother day about induction setups for the twingo, you were saying it is for track use, yet didn't realise all the heatsoak issues with an open cone filter.

All due respect.

I know what heatsoak is chap. When the car is static (that means stopped) The hot air around the engine bay is absorbed by an open filter (the cone) therefore soaking up heat.

When the car is in motion the CAF is providing the open cone with continuous cold air thus improving throttle response.

I know what im talking about.

The "map" is what we (me and a tuner and renault) believed to cause the twice faulty upstream oxygen sensors. Both times on putting in 95 or 97 ron. (Worse on 95) did they fail and the car run like a bag of s**t.

I do not dislike KTECs map. I love it. It is just very agressive which you need to be aware of.

ITB'd MK1
All due respect.

I know what heatsoak is chap. When the car is static (that means stopped) The hot air around the engine bay is absorbed by an open filter (the cone) therefore soaking up heat.

When the car is in motion the CAF is providing the open cone with continuous cold air thus improving throttle response.

I know what im talking about.

The "map" is what we (me and a tuner and renault) believed to cause the twice faulty upstream oxygen sensors. Both times on putting in 95 or 97 ron. (Worse on 95) did they fail and the car run like a bag of s**t.

I do not dislike KTECs map. I love it. It is just very agressive which you need to be aware of.

if it's mapped on high octane, you need to stick to that octane or you'll have issues. Not so much on a standard car, but on somehting that's been optimised you're much closer to any tollerence limits so you can't just use crap or you'll be into detonation and losea big old chunk of power. surprised at lambda, might have been fuel contamination.......

Inferno 182 CUP
No, it isn't. As you were told in the other thread, the CAF is doing nothing. At all.

Thats an opinion. Actualy physical testing with probes says otherwise.

if it's mapped on high octane, you need to stick to that octane or you'll have issues. Not so much on a standard car, but on somehting that's been optimised you're much closer to any tollerence limits so you can't just use crap or you'll be into detonation and losea big old chunk of power. surprised at lambda, might have been fuel contamination.......

And i always do. But on the A12 where there was no V Power and i was low and couldnt find anywhere else locally i had to put in what they had and that was 95.

Happened twice though and lambda went boom. Not MAF - that was a typo as i had 2 diff threads open.