ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Mk2 47 MPG!!

Just been to Cornwall for my hols, motorway all the way at an average speed of 65 mph and the computer claimed I was getting 47 MPG. Im impressed if this is true.

The 2.0 is an economical engine if driven with care.

I only get 55 out of my dci although it is foot to the floor all the time.

TDI tyre shreader

Was in Newcastle ealier on this week, on the way back the trip computer told me i was getting 40mpg at a very license losing speed

Ford Fiesta

if you dont reset it, it doesnt change, so mine is very stable now after1400miles, would need a lot of miles to change in either direction.

yeah on m way drivin it is possible to clock up some stupid mpg if u drive with care, if u cane it, or do mostly town driving then no it wont b very economical! my average is usually 38ish, but havin done a long m-way trip yesterday, its more like 42 now!! and that was at silly speed all the way home

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Jones on 18 July 2004

Was in Newcastle ealier on this week, on the way back the trip computer told me i was getting 40mpg at a very license losing speed
Ive been in Newcastle (Whitley Bay:oops:) this weekend. 400 mile round trip. Got there and back on a full tank, average comsumption for whole journey was 41.1 mpg. Stuck in lots of traffic on the way there, took 2hrs 40 mins to get back, most of which was done in the outside lane:devilish:. Amazing for a 2.0 litre 170 hp engine.:D

if u reset the counter like i did the over day and take it easy maybe 70-80mph you could get 51-54 mpg on motorway long journy i was amazed. i done about 80 miles and the gauge hardly even moved. still cant beleave how well these engines work. ok this was in a 182 not 172 but still amazed.

Quote: Originally posted by bsimmer3000 on 18 July 2004

if u reset the counter like i did the over day and take it easy maybe 70-80mph you could get 51-54 mpg on motorway long journy i was amazed. i done about 80 miles and the gauge hardly even moved. still cant beleave how well these engines work. ok this was in a 182 not 172 but still amazed.
The 172 and 182 engine are the same (almost)

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

My old 172 used to get 41mpg travelling to work.:D

The v6 cant do better than about 32 so far.