ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Mk2 - Remote Locking/Alarm Problem

I dont know if anyone has had this problem but I hope someone can help. Recently I get out of the car after a journey, close the door as normal and then press the remote lock button, NOTHING HAPPENS. I think hmm, get back in the car and start the engine, turn it off get out out and shut the door and then IT LOCKS first time, I can then satnd there for an hour locking and un-locking it, makes me think its not a battery problem (this is with both keys too). Then next time I drive it and get out ot may or may not lock. It usually works if I start the engine again, but sometimes I need to start the car 5 times when I finish a journey to lock the damn thing, once locked it always unlocks first time. Doubt its related but my auto lights have not been working, not coming on when its dark, but now they have started working fine again. ARGHHH. Any help appreciated.

WestWood

P.S. Is my car supposed to have central locking from the key, cos my dont work!

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Take it back to the dealer!! it sounds shagged to me. Your car has central locking with the key fob. (also does the alarm)

Yeah I know it central locks from the key fob but becuase that does not work, like above, I want to be able to lock the car anyway, but the key does not central lock the other door or the boot and as there is no key hole on the boot so I cannot lock it if the key fob does not work :cry:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

dont know if this is related but there was a big thread on here ages ago about the crapness of the mk2 ph2 remotes. Unless you where standing right next to the bloody car you wouldnt be able to open the doors.

I use the topgear, put the transmitter to your head idea.. works quite well, although I would rather just have one that works.

Yeah I thought it might be a distance issue but I have tried doing it from almost sitting on the bonnet and it dont work, plus when it does work I can then unlock it from a fair distance away.

Whats the transmitter to you head idea lol? Must have missed that!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

try it.. put your keyfob against the side of your head and hit the button.. almost doubles the range of the keyfob..

WestWood- Same problem here (1.6 16V), car is 14 moths old and problems started few months ago. Unlocking is working always but I have also problems with locking, sometimes it just wont lock (red light on fob is flashing but no locking). I dont need to start the engine, just turn the key 2 times get out and then lock normally. Ive replaced the batteries, tried both keys-same. Ive been to service but it was working fine there and they said its very common for Renault but they have no clue what is wrong so I could try with reprograming my keys if I want.

Also worse last weeks, I think its related to wet wether and moisture... Did anyone fixed that, or do we have to live with it?

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

This doesnt solve the problem but may help a little... you can still lock the car using only the passenger door lock. shut the boot and drivers door but leave the passenger door open,reach inside and lock the doors using the switch on the dash. now shut the passenger door and lock with the key. All doors will be locked and will unlock with the fob.

Unfortunately the alarm will not be set!!!!!!!

Well I have had an intresting thing happen. The other day my Auto lights started to work again (weird cos I did nothing) and since then the car has locked and unlocked first time with no probs, what the hell could be wrong to make my auto lights and alarm/locking be linked so they dont work at the same time, hmm maybe a electrical fault?