ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 mpg

Trophy #473
Had my 172 mk1 for about 3 days and have an average of 31.5 mpg. does that sound reasonable, put my foot down a few times too.

nathan

Clio 172 mk2
Sounds okay...my best so far in my Mk2 172 is 36 @ 80mph on the m-way. Think a few people on here have bettered 40mpg though.

Black Gold Meggy 225
Yeah sounds fine.....Just dont keep resetting the trip computer after each time you fill up, this will give you a better average MPG.

I hope you enjoy your 172 as much as I do mine....

Dan

My Mk2 172 gives me about 30-34mpg round town and on long steady runs (a-roads, motorway) it can be 40+. Depends on how often you put your foot down ;)

Der Panzer
nathanH said:
Its amazing, still cant believe i actually own one. lol

I'm still like that and I've had mine for 5 months. :approve:

30-35 is roughly what I get in my 182, I don't run the AC though and rarely open the windows at speed.

Clio 172 mk2
Andy182Cup said:
I'm still like that and I've had mine for 5 months. :approve:

30-35 is roughly what I get in my 182, I don't run the AC though and rarely open the windows at speed.

I rarely use my ac either....just enough to stop it going tits up

wrx sti ppp (305bhp)
had my 182 for id say 2 weeks now, mpg is around 29-33 depends where and how i drive, also has anyone compared the trip computers full tank milage estimate , to actual milage done?? if so any difference?

Megane225FF
has anyone compared the trip computers full tank milage estimate , to actual milage done?? if so any difference?

its as near as damn it acurate...

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
I have been getting a bit higher. I always fill up with optimax. last week i didn't ragit at all and saw it creep up to 40.5mpg and never lower than 35/36mpg. Usually it hovers around the 35mpg on normal drive to work, maybe a bit lower if i'm late! I put it down the the optimax...which is an issue that is always debated.

Mk1 172 w (2000) reg, 33,000.

Rich

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
forgot to mention, i was consciously driving conservatively to get the 40.5mpg, was curious to see how high i could get it!

.......i am, however, a bit critical of the higher mpg readings i have been getting lately because i think the needle on the fuel guage goes down too fast to tally with the it....that goes for my usual 35mpg reading too.

hope you enjoy your new mk1 nathan! (u have made a good choice!;) )

rich

Clio 04 172 Cup
Hello all,
I am also a new and very proud owner of a 04 cup 172 13500miles. I have driven it 3 times since we got it and Im lucky if I get 23mph but I do have a lead foot though! The wife on the other hand can get just over 40mph. It is totaly standard so no petrol using mods yet!! We had a 1.2 16valve clio before and she was getting 46mpg out of that so Im impressed with mpg.

Clio 04 172 Cup
Rocket Fish said:
forgot to mention, i was consciously driving conservatively to get the 40.5mpg, was curious to see how high i could get it!

.......i am, however, a bit critical of the higher mpg readings i have been getting lately because i think the needle on the fuel guage goes down too fast to tally with the it....that goes for my usual 35mpg reading too.

hope you enjoy your new mk1 nathan! (u have made a good choice!;) )

rich

The tank on the clio is very small about £40 to fill from empty and yes it does break my heart when you see the needle plummit.

Clio 04 172 Cup
As to people saying they dont use the A/C or use it as little as possable. It is very important that it is run regularly and checked out anually dont take it to a dealer! Take it to a good independant fridge engineer and they will test it for you for very little and if gas is needed they will top it up unlike the robber dealers who will replace filter/driers when not needed.