ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 mpg?

Never above 25mpg
Shouldnt worry about MPG if you're buying a 172 tbh... I can't wait to see how much more my funds are drained because of the v-power ;)

Clio 182 Cup
lol yeh every time but i dont do long distance so i never stay at a constant speed of like 50 or 70 im always changing gear and slamming that pedal gota make the most out of (110) ;)

iceberg 172
lol yeh every time but i dont do long distance so i never stay at a constant speed of like 50 or 70 im always changing gear and slamming that pedal gota make the most out of (110) ;)

lol. in the 1.2 16v 20quid gets my 160 miles town driving!

Only had the cup a week but really suprised how good it is on fuel!

My GTi-6 has a 60 litre tank so costs more to fill up, and only get around 25mpg in that. Had 45 the other day driving like a granny and 30 when giving it some size 12s. Give it a year and it should pay for its self :D

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
wouldn't be able to tell you what i was getting.... the gauge lied more than pinnochio

Titanium 182
wouldn't be able to tell you what i was getting.... the gauge lied more than pinnochio

Hahaha awesome!

Person getting 23mpg from a 1.2, oh dear! Something a miss with that, even if you gave it absolute havoc everywhere you drive you should be looking way north of 25mpg! It's not exactly a high performance car!

Monaco RS Clio 172
did a long run down to ktec today...

round trip - 280 miles

cost: £30

almost 100 miles to £10!!!

this is proven also by light was on, stuck £30 v power in, went there, came back, as I pulled on the drive, light turned on. PERFECT way to judge it. so I really am getting high mpg... I was travelling at around 70 on the way down and 85-90 baked beans on the way back so.. not exactly a proper petrol save either

btw much respect to ktec :p loving the recessed exhaust

Coupe/Defender V8
I indicate around 27mpg but mine is pretty much stop start for 14 miles a day. Don't get above 30mph.

On a run at 60-70 I will be doing 40mpg.

With a mix of driving, 30-34mpg

150miles = £22ish quid of v power around town with an odd drive on a weekend.

Monaco RS Clio 172
oddly, for example, as above, yesterday, I achieve 3/4 of a tank for ktec and back, indicated 280 miles, roughly £10 = 100 miles.

today I do work and back, blackwall tunnel solid, there and back, 80 mile round trip, so theoretically, give or take, I should have used £10 max possibly less, right?

sitting in traffic, my car has used nearly half a tank today

I grant you this 80 miles over all probably took me 4.5 - 5 hours between morning and on the way home but still, it is using TWICE as much petrol to idle and stop start in (today) particularly bad traffic thru london

epic fail.

clio 172
oddly, for example, as above, yesterday, I achieve 3/4 of a tank for ktec and back, indicated 280 miles, roughly £10 = 100 miles.

today I do work and back, blackwall tunnel solid, there and back, 80 mile round trip, so theoretically, give or take, I should have used £10 max possibly less, right?

sitting in traffic, my car has used nearly half a tank today

I grant you this 80 miles over all probably took me 4.5 - 5 hours between morning and on the way home but still, it is using TWICE as much petrol to idle and stop start in (today) particularly bad traffic thru london

epic fail.

is ya left leg stronger than the right with all that stop starting?:rasp:

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Currently on 36.7 mpg and thats a short motorway run and stop/start at rush hour.

My 1.4 mk1 was doing more fuel per week than my 172!

Thts good in my book! :D

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
35mpg, this dropped from around 37-40 when I added my forced cold air feed into my airbox.