ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 noise testing

1.2 2003 clio
I have a 172 which i use on a loxal track and am now happy with how it's performing and want to book onto some track days. My only worry is that it may be too loud.

Currently running decat with powerflow system. Small centre boc and back box.

Does anyone know the best way to test or where to get it tested (I'm local to preston) as I wouldn't want to turn up to find out it's too loud.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Check when they have a track day on next, you can usually go down and get it tested without having to be a participant, I wouldn’t try to second guess what it may or may not be using an app or whatever, less hassle to just get the track to check it so you know either way.

Mine is fairly loud 2.5” de-cat, 2.25” system, no mid box, 182 manifold (these are generally louder than 172 manifolds) and I blow a 103db and that’s after an hour drive to circuit.