ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 not starting

Clio 172
hi all new here and owned my 172 for 2 months 2nd major problem first was exhaust falling off but i resolved that.

my cars a clio 172 sport 2003 which has the fbw, wish it was cable less issues lol.

drove car yesterday for about 20 miles and has been fine with no issues apart from a low idle say 800rpm,

now when i tried to start my engine today it refused to start turns over fine but wont fire.
now when i popped the bonnet i noticed there was a whining electrical sound, like when u hold a drill trigger down slightly.
i narrowed the sound down the throttle body with tps, its was twitching like a r****d, so i took the pipe work off and had a poke at it and it was spacking out, i asked my gf to press the throttle and it was opening ok but just twitching when closed.

so is the source of my problems? is it not sending a signal to the ecu or something resulting in no fuel being injected, i cant smell any fuel either.

all help appreciated

kind regards

tony.

Clio 172
ok so looking at my box of fuses under the bonnet there, which is the fuel relay? i can also here some motor noises coming from down in that area.

regards

tony.

Lionel Richie
the large yellow one, and there are 3 small black ones next to each other

is your fuel pump priming when you turn the key on?

Clio 172
where abouts is the fuel pump on these cars in the tank under rear bench? sorry im used to vauxhalls my first venture into cars other than german mobiles.

Dci 100
yeah, try changing them, i just did it and its now starting up no probs!

the yellow one is about £7 and the little ones are £5 each, it should only be 1 or 2 of them, but you need to know which ones, so for the money you may as well get 3 lol

Clio 172
ok now this is totaly weird, just out of curiosity after reading another thread, i tried my spare key and low and behold the focker started first turn of key, my original key wasnt popping up the imob light or any faults, and after using my spare key the orignal key works aswell.

renaults omg glad i kept atleast 1 vauxhall lol.