ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Owners

Hi,

If you own one of the current model 172s, could you do me a favour. Could you check your spare wheel and see if there is a renault part number stamped on it! I want a spare for my Cup and my renault dealer is not being particularly helpful.

Thanks very much

172 has a full size alloy as a spare so i doubt you want one of those, either get another cup wheel or make do without. and welcome to the club mate :D

Thanks for the replies, As I previously owned a Clio 2 !6V which had a steel spare, I assumed it would have been similar in all the Clios. I didnt reckon Renault were lavish enough to provide 5 Alloys.

Thanks for the welcome, forum site looks good with plenty of discussion on just about all topics.

regards, and thanks again for the replies

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by S3DBW on 23 August 2003

I didnt reckon Renault were lavish enough to provide 5 Alloys.
neither did the bloke at renault.. who asked me if my steel spare was alright.. I replied all 172s come with another alloy as standard..he just said "wow, didnt think we would do that".. lol

The inital MK1 172s came with an alloy spare, then the tight arses at Renault replaced this with a steel wheel for later MK1s and only went back to an alloy spare with the MK2 172.

I have a full size spare for my Cup, a scratched 172 alloys off my bros old 172, bonus! Not that I carry it about with me ;)