ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 petrol light!!!

Clio Sport 172
Hey Guys

Since the snowfall yesterday my car dash is telling me i have no fuel, this also is displayed on the trip computer as (-----), however the gauge is telling me overwise which i believe as I put £15 super unleaded in it the day before.

Anyone have any idea what may have caused it? could it be that the car is picking up I have a low MPG?

Thanks in advance!!!

Steve M

clio trophy No56
My petrol light came on the other day with 33 miles left on the trip computer at 30.9 mpg, the needle on the gauge was showing on the last line. As i only had £6 in my pocket i drove to the closest garage, (2miles away), and put it in, i also reset the trip computer as i pulled away from the garage. The petrol light was still on, the needle only moved a 1mm or so and it was saying i had 60 miles in the tank.
Now 5 days on my mpg is reading 28??? :eek::S. Lowest its ever been, possibly something to do with the sub zero temp affecting the air intake??
Anyway dont use the trip computer, IMO its inaccurate and should only be used as a rough guide, the good old petrol gauge is better and the fact you know how much fuel you have put in.

Clio Sport 172
Im going to do that later lol but was in a rush for work :-( , i thought that may sort it out.... very random as it happened while i was driving.

Thanks for the reply!

Clio Sport 172
Cheers Scott I have tryed reseting the computer, i will get a full tank in later and see if it changes anything....think it maybe the weather playing about with all the 'technology' lol, I was spinning up the hills near me before getting totally stuck :-( so im thinking that may have something to do with it