ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph 1 induction kit help

172 phase 1
hi, im new to this forum and this is my first post, so any help will be appreciated.
I have bought a BMC CDA airbox induction kit for my 172 but im struggling to fit it. I have removed the bracket by the battery to give a bit more access but cannot get the old airbox and cold air feeds out... any ideas or tips,

330i. E30 Touring.
The Ph1 airbox is a tight fit. Just undo the jubilee that holds onto the top of the box, and push the airpox up towards the throttle body. With a bit of muscle, it'll come out..

corsa ecoflex
the cold air feed is a **** to get out....i just ended up cutting it with a pair of side cutters and the you can get to the plastic opening behind the passenger side headlight

172 phase 1
ok ill give it a bit more muscle lol. i didnt want to force it and break it! do you guys on here have local meets and gatherings at all?

330i. E30 Touring.
Where are you?

If you stump up the extra £10, you can see the local meets section. Some areas have quite a turn out!

320d
Disconnect the airfeeds by twisting and pulling them. Then unattach the hose from the throttle body and pull the airbox back.

I'd also like to go on record and say your insane for replacing the ph1 airbox with a BMC CDA. They're great if you want less power and a more irratic torque curve though.

corsa ecoflex
Disconnect the airfeeds by twisting and pulling them. Then unattach the hose from the throttle body and pull the airbox back.

I'd also like to go on record and say your insane for replacing the ph1 airbox with a BMC CDA. They're great if you want less power and a more irratic torque curve though.

i love my BMC CDA....you dont lose that much power and the sound is awesome..saying that ive never run my ph1 with a ph1 airbox set up

320d
PH1 airboxes without the air feeds sound awesome too though, plus your not getting any of the disadvantages of an aftermarket IK.

172 phase 1
well, ive done it all and took it out for a quick drive. It sounds awesome now and feels quite a bit more responsive compared to the original. thanks everyone for your help :)

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Im running the standerd air box but also have a BMC i think the standerd box is the best of both worlds with out the CAFs :evil:

320d
i might try that and see what its like. i wonder why would renault would bother with the CAFs if theyre no good?

Sound deadening, thats why they use two insulated fury pipes. You would not believe the difference in noise with them removed.