ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(172 ph1) Cruise control installed but dont know how to work it

Renault Clio 172
Just got a 172, runs really nice, but was told by previous owner that cruise control needs to be adjusted at throttle body to be enabled.

1577020665337.png
1577020695553.png
1577020949804.png

Not sure what needs to be done because i was told it works but just needs to be enabled.

pic 1 i think is the clutch switch

If anyone has got any ideas it would be really helpful ??

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That's aftermarket. Looks like a standard throttle body movement but due to the cable throttle this is pretty likely to be vacuum driven. To turn it on in the ECU there is probably a switch to send 12v to the cruise control pin so have a look for that.

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Its definitely aftermarket, usually they have an electronic servo box with its own throttle cable coming from it. if you wanted it to work you'd have to locate that servo/cable arrangement as its probably been disconnected and tucked away. You'd then connect the cable from that to the other side of the throttle linkage on the throttle body (where your normal throttle cable goes there's usually a second guide for a second throttle cable).

Personally, i'd be removing that

Renault Clio 172
Thanks for your help lads, probably just leave it they way it is, because unsure if it will work safely and removal of cable and stalk will be a bit of hassle 😉