ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Phase 1

Hi,

As I cant really afford a phase II 172 I was wondering would be missing out on anything by getting the phase I. Any disadvantages?

or mine?

main differences are climate control in mk 2 in place of air con, face lifted front end, different wheels, xenons, headlamp washers, 4k rattle.....

Smokey,

f**k me, absolute mint car mate. Little over my budget and I like to do my own mods. Youll soon sell that. So no real differences apart from looks?

I need a freakin membership, wouldnt let me post! :mad:

badinvincible yours is a beauty, love that colour coding. Again ova my budget, I think I might save a little more. By that time both of these will have gone.

Thanks for the info btw.

172beast

mk1 172 is quicker then the mk2, lighter if you get one with ally bonnet, its still got aircon (not cc) abs, same engine bar a few changes (different airbox and cat iirc), different alloys, mk2 looks better IMO but still love my mk1. Done a trackday in it, was definitly quicker then the mk2 on straights, couldnt stay with Cups or 182 with Cup pack on bends though!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

id always have a mk1 over the mk2s they look the tits plus if you squint you can see a little valver in the front end which suits me.. ;)

Thanks lads... wasnt sure. Ive got the same shape in a 1.4 so wanted the new shape. Cant afford the new shape though so that made me feel better. :cool:

i came from an 02 mk2 to an 01 mk1 and i honestly like the 1 better, it looks more aggressive from the front, the interior has better seats - the stiched logo is colour!! Hehe it is more dated inside but is far better nailed together, not a rattle in sight!

GET ONE KNOW!!

oh and btw, silver is most common yes, but makes the most of it look and shape at the front, the darker ones hide its little details etc ( guess what, i got silver!!) and the mk1 is a rare sight! - a future classic

Get a 172 exclusive like mine all full leather BBS alloys lighter and faster than the phase 2 172 i had. I think im the only person to have both and can defo say the phase 1 is noticably quicker. It looks better at the front however the phase 2 has the better rear. Phase 1 alloys are much better though even the OZ. For me though the Valver is so much more fun than the 172/182/cup you can sling it round without a care in the world and it just deals with all the punishment. Get a ph1 172 and a valver to have some rea fun with.