ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Phase1 seats

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
Hi,

My passenger side seat has stopped moving forward when you use the handle to get in the back.

So now when i have passengers they have to move it forward manually with the other handle.

Any ideas how to fix it??

Any suggestions welcome :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hey mate I had the exact same trouble on my old clio, but never fixed it I'm afraid. I think it has something to do with the cable that runs from that handle to the runner part of the seat, If you take the fabric off the seat you may be able to find the problem?

Can you still move it back and forth using handle under the seat?

What I ended up doing, was flipping the seat forward with the handle on the side, then moving it forward using the lever underneath.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Oh and one more heads up, it'd probably be cheaper to buy another seat from someone off here than it would be to get Renault to fix it.

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
Hey mate I had the exact same trouble on my old clio, but never fixed it I'm afraid. I think it has something to do with the cable that runs from that handle to the runner part of the seat, If you take the fabric off the seat you may be able to find the problem?

Can you still move it back and forth using handle under the seat?

What I ended up doing, was flipping the seat forward with the handle on the side, then moving it forward using the lever underneath.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Oh and one more heads up, it'd probably be cheaper to buy another seat from someone off here than it would be to get Renault to fix it.

yeah thats what i've been doing with it at the moment just getting a pain in the arse to be honest lol.
nice to know i'm not the only one having trouble