ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Questions

Renault Clio 197 ('08)
Hi all,
I have a few problems with my 172 - any advice would be appreciated!

1 - Under the bonnet behind the battery there is a black box which seems to have lots of wires going into it - I'm not sure what this is but I noticed the other day there is a bracket at the top right hand side which is bolted to the car to secure it but upon inspection I noticed this has snapped so it rattles about a bit. Can I get a spare part or has anyone else had this problem?

2 - Had some annoying exhaust problems. Everytime ppl sat in the back of my car my exhaust started blowing - this was because the joint behind the back box has been done with U-clamps and everytime I got some weight on my suspension the bar fowled with the clamps. I got the correct Renault clamp fitted but now a hole has developed in the pipe just above the clamp and the back box fell off last night!!! I've ordered a new back box from renault for about £119 - is this about right?

3 - My passaenger door interior panel - just above the speaker there is a nasty crack in the plastic - does anyone know if these sort of things can be repaired and who by?

4 - This is a silly one but annoying - my drivers seat. If I push my feet on the floor whilst sat on it, it rocks slightly. Is there an easy adjustment to tighten up?

That's all for now! Thanks for reading and any help would be appreciated!!
Dan.

Clio 172 Full Fat 02
Hi mate, with regards to the exhaust, i've had 2 back boxes in the last 2 yrs do that, they're sh1t so this time i've bought a magnex back box as its got a lifetime guarantee and looks better and its only 160. Can't really help with the others as am not having those probs (yet!)

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
yeah, my standard exhaust done that twice, had it replaced twice, got a janspeed and it hasnt happened again

4 - This is a silly one but annoying - my drivers seat. If I push my feet on the floor whilst sat on it, it rocks slightly. Is there an easy adjustment to tighten up?
quote]

Mine does this - quite annoying under braking. I took mine to Renault who replaced the runners under warrenty. It made no difference. I hope someone does have a solution for this, as it drives me mental :S

1 - Under the bonnet behind the battery there is a black box which seems to have lots of wires going into it - I'm not sure what this is but I noticed the other day there is a bracket at the top right hand side which is bolted to the car to secure it but upon inspection I noticed this has snapped so it rattles about a bit. Can I get a spare part or has anyone else had this problem?

2 - Had some annoying exhaust problems. Everytime ppl sat in the back of my car my exhaust started blowing - this was because the joint behind the back box has been done with U-clamps and everytime I got some weight on my suspension the bar fowled with the clamps. I got the correct Renault clamp fitted but now a hole has developed in the pipe just above the clamp and the back box fell off last night!!! I've ordered a new back box from renault for about £119 - is this about right?

3 - My passaenger door interior panel - just above the speaker there is a nasty crack in the plastic - does anyone know if these sort of things can be repaired and who by?

Thats the ECU bracket the clip breaking is a common problem I'd ignore it unless its under warently. If you want use a cable ties or duck tape.

£119 sounds a normal Renault price I'd have said go for an aftermarket copy cat one.

Just superglue it up and touch up IMO.

There 4 bolts under the car might be the problem.
Have a look under the seat there 4 bolts on the rseat to the rails can come loose.

Lotus Elise 111R
quote]

Mine does this - quite annoying under braking. I took mine to Renault who replaced the runners under warrenty. It made no difference. I hope someone does have a solution for this, as it drives me mental :S

Exactly the same for me, so I kicked off further with the stealer. He replaced the runners and the seat base, under warranty. Still the same though, apparently it is due to the height adjustment! Gave up in the end.....

Oh and I have had a replacement back box and central pipe to cat, replaced under warranty. Still not happy with the noise of it, so will go aftermarket when it goes again, as I am now just out of warranty!!!

Clio 172 Full Fat 02
£119 sounds a normal Renault price I'd have said go for an aftermarket copy cat one.
Thats all very well if the aftermarket one goes on ok, the pattern part i tried having fitted to mine knocked like hell so my only option was the renault one so decided to go for the magnex but am yet to see if it knocks

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Answers to questions 1&4

1, I believe this black box has your ecu in it!
4,Ive got the same problem with my seat that rocks slighty-its normal

Renault Clio 197 ('08)
Cheers for the replies everyone. Looks like I'll just try n make up the ecu bracket best i can. It'll give my old man a challenge whilst I'm at work!! The seat is so annoyin, I'll investigate it further but I just can't find any loose bolts. The crack on the door panel isn't too bad - If anyone out there has a spare interior passenger door panel let me know!! As for the exhaust, the renault one gets fitted on tuesday. So the aftermarkey boxes - are they still discreet like the renault ones and do they sound the same?