ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Re-Map

Clio 172 sport
Does anyone know where i can get a re-map on my 172 for a reasonable price?

I live in Watford - Hertfordshire

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
gdi in huntingdon mate is where i am visiting soon. or theres a place in slough i cnt member the name bt there expensive or torque of the devil say they would chip my 172.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
google Fastchip. £150 posted and you remap using your laptop. If you search the forum for "RS Tuner" its been getting some very good reviews on here.

330Ci Sport Convertible
google Fastchip. £150 posted and you remap using your laptop. If you search the forum for "RS Tuner" its been getting some very good reviews on here.

Does the Fastchip come with the required lead to connect to the car?

Thanks for the link, 180ps sounds ok,getting a GDi induction kit to go with it.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Does the Fastchip come with the required lead to connect to the car?

Thanks for the link, 180ps sounds ok,getting a GDi induction kit to go with it.

Yes it comes with every thing you need to hook it up (Apart from a Lap top ;))

I have the RS Tuner on my 172 and its made it feel like a differnet car, Well worth the 150 Euros www.fastchip.nl

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
agreed ^ but i do feel like everytime we say fastchip = AMAZING that we are taking the dinner of the table for ktec/gdi etc :( Feel somewhat guilty everytime :|

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
agreed ^ but i do feel like everytime we say fastchip = AMAZING that we are taking the dinner of the table for ktec/gdi etc :( Feel somewhat guilty everytime :|

I know what you mean :(

That said RStuner is a bit like Ronseal....

Having had no experiance of K-Tec, GDI maps I cant pass comment.

Clio 172 sport
I have bought the tuning kit - pro version!

Fastchip only claim a 4hp increase though where as other parties claim 13hp? Why is this?

Can i use this to re-map my friends clio sport and megane 225 aswell?

Clio 172 sport
Ok, Not too bad.. so do you mean the software is blocked from installing on other cars unless you have a license?

Surely if your friend has the same car it will work on his too?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
No its coded to the ECU on each car, So each additional car you will have to get it unlocked.

(PS Your local to me, ill have to keep an eye open)

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
I have bought the tuning kit - pro version!

Fastchip only claim a 4hp increase though where as other parties claim 13hp? Why is this?

Can i use this to re-map my friends clio sport and megane 225 aswell?
Because fastchip are more realistic and dont tell porkies :)

Clio 172 sport
True, if you input the weight of the car incorrectly you can get a false reading of more hp so possibly this is what they do.. i cant wait to get the ecu installed, hopefully will cure my idle problem

-J- - where abouts in bushey are you from, i havent really seen the car, i live near the golf course

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I live in Bushey aswell..

Your Not at the top of Little Bushey Lane are you?

GTRUK - Bang on with that - although Fastchip Under quote from my experience.

Edit - Just seen your down towards Bushey Village, im up on the Heath (Well close enough TBH) on Little Bushey Lane.

Clio 172 sport
Yea well im up from the golf course, have you used this software before then?

Im Jake mate, whats your name?
i have an odyssey blue ph1 with a big bore exhaust, i dont know whether you have seen me?

Im Jake mate, whats your name?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Yes i have the 98RON map Installed on my 172 cup. Idle is so much smoother, pick up is more progressive and the extra few RPM to red line.

Not seen your car that i recall, Ill keep my eyes open.

My names James, But every one calls me J

Clio 172 sport
My MPG clock is not giving a correct reading either its displaying something stupid like 6mpg

Do you think this map will sort that out aswell?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
ok cheers for the help buddy, i might give you a shout if i need any help with this mapping

No Problems,

As for the MPG read out, I Doubt it, sounds like some sort of issue with either the dash clocks or a sensor somewhere.

Clio 197 Racing Red
Sup J, have you ever seen gains on a Megane 225 2.0T ? i bought myself a device and its being shipped right now. for me its a bit more expensive to buy as i am in South Africa, and because of courier costs!!!! so just want to know if it is worth it?

Cheers