ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 rear beam

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
will a 172/82 rear beam fit directly onto a DCi so you can have rear disc's?

are they the same bolt spacing for the shock?

im considering doing this to get rid of the ugly drum brake but want to make sure it will fit perfectly along with my coilovers!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
i thaught the DCI's came with rear discs?

Unless its only the dci 100 which came with them?

Only the 100dci came with rear disks.
Seems like its a direct fitment the issue isn't with fitment but with the abs sensors but it would seem there the same so you shouldn't have any issue people stuck 172 stuff in 1.2's without abs issues so you shouldn't have any just swopping rear suspension.
There no point though drums are better I wish my Williams had them.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
The drums are pretty good till they over heat hehehe :)

Ive never had any problems, even with hard braking.

Has said:
The drums are pretty good till they over heat hehehe :)
Matt Blacks got 400hp and Jon_16V 180hp or so and as far as I know neither has overheated there brkaes and they both run stock drums at the back.

I track mine a lot and never had any trouble Renault said mine are cracked but there fine.
The back brakes do very little.

172 cup'd extreme
better of staying with drums , the rear disks on 172 1.6 16v and DCI are crap to be honest i dont have any trouble with the drums over heating or anything and the shoes last ages , but if you gonna go for a retro fit they will fit but buy the whole beam make sure it comes with abs sensors and buy a handbrake cable