ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Record Breaker

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
been a lean week so i have been on economy mode, im about 20 miles from getting the petrol light on and i have covered 353 miles.
thats an all time record for me, even in my 1.4.

its supprising the amount of people i still overtake when driving slowly.
its also mind numbingly boring!

1998 BMW e46 323i
My my that is some serious careful motoring. I used to try and drive all m'way miles at 56mph. Mind numbingly dull, but sometimes more difficult than just driving faster than everyone in lanes 2 and 3. I just accept the cost of fuel now, and drive like I stole it.

I got 310 once in my 172. And 290 in the 182. 182 uses slightly more fuel.

But I didn't buy it to drive slow, the 306 for that.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Some people have had over 400 in a 182.

I got 357 in the vee with the fuel light just on...65£ to fill tho.

Broken Diesel Megane :(
best i ever had in ANY car wasmy 172 cup, going from aberdeen to bristol to trade it in.

a very light foot (and som ejostling on the motorway) saw me get to 20 miles from bristol city centre on one tank!!!

would of made it the whole way had i not got stuck in traffic at the border (people fleeing north ;) )

Golf GT & A4 Avant
My best with the fuel light comming on a few miles away from the petrol station was 374miles, so still another 20/30 miles to go. But I've had it as low as 230miles from a full tank when I spent a week in North Wales driving round the hills and mountains. Was a very fun week

clio 172 cup
172 cup 104k on the clock (is that a record?)so its all nicely loosened up.

The most I have got is 424 miles to a tank.

I regularly see 390 before fill up, mostly motorway 70-80, and a few healthy squirts down country lane to get home every night. It's just great.
I dont know how it does it.

Daz

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
light came on @ 367. then i booted it.
its pretty good for me, cant remember the last time i did 60 on the country lanes for a week!

1998 BMW e46 323i
I have had 34/35mpg continually on my 172 for three years. But I've never bettered it. lad I bought it from was getting 37. Think he drove like an undertaker! To get 40+mpg is impressive, especially when you actually calculate it, not just look on the trip like I do.

BMW M135i
Managed a record 345m to the light in the meggy last week was impressed as I didn't really drive any differently. That would conclude I drive like a bit of a girl then :eek:. Averaged out to 32mpg or something similar.

BMW F21 125d
I regulary see36-37mpg average on the computer, work it out at the pump and its more like 32-33mpg. The computers not that good! But on a tank, i'm on 58 miles to go, done 326 miles so far, but i'll fill it as soon as the light comes on, so will see 345 i'd imagine. I very rarely see less than 320!

saxo vtr
some good figures there! i am tempted to get a 172, but i travel 90 miles a day to and from work, in my VTR this costs around £10 a day, i usually change gear at around 3,000 revs except for on the motorway when i usually do around 90, do u reckon the 172 will do similar figures?

172 Race Car
On the way back from our Black mountains trip a few weekends ago Mine did 46Mpg at duel carrageway and motorway speeds.

Got 41.5 on the way back from Oulton on wednesday.

Stripped right out mind so probably lugging 100kgs less than a standard one

VW Caddy Van
Coming home from Bristol to my mates i had 380 miles to one tank and still nowhere near the red, one bar above it. Averaged about 45mpg the whole way home. Now it barely see's over 29 lol

Pretty sure I got 400 miles out of a tank in my 172 Cup, could easily get 44+ mpg out of it without trying to hard (calculated properly at over 40mpg). Still going up to that 5k kick in the low gears, just being sensible when I got to traffic/built up areas etc.

Don't need to drive like a pensioner either, just being observant so you can ease off when coming up to an obstruction or whatever, choosing a gap when approaching roundabouts, not tailgating etc. Had the seats out of the back which probably helped, weighed loads.

A red missile
Oh dear, I never see more than 25-27mpg in the red beast, although I do see a little green thing appear on the dash quite a lot - wonder what that is? I've never given it much attention really, too busy looking where i'm going ;)

172 exclusive
got 65mpg sitting up the arse of a trailer for about 40 mile up the m1 at 56mph but on avg normally 35~37 have had it as low as 24 if booted alot

B

Ben^

tend to average 34-36 all month, averaged 46mpg on the way back from glasgow (250+ miles) used just over half a tank. Thats why I love the clio, its just as fast as my 3.0 406 coupe but that does 18mpg on a good day!!!