ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 remap gains.

Clio 172 phase 2
hello. does any one know what sort of gains i would get from a remap on top of my pipercross induction kit and scorpian cat back exhaust.Also could anyone recomend any one in the North East england to it?

Cheers
Andy

2005 Nissan Navara
Best done with inlets, you'll see about 15bhp then and about 10lbft through the rev range.

Clio 172 phase 2
thanks everyone. ill look into that fastchip. ive spoke to 2 people who claim theres went up to 190 bhp. and thats on a standard car. i wonder if there tellin me porkies.

just looked on a local companies website and there sayin power goes up 187 and torque up to 220?

Last edited:
  GW 200 Gone :( BG182
thanks everyone. ill look into that fastchip. ive spoke to 2 people who claim theres went up to 190 bhp. and thats on a standard car. i wonder if there tellin me porkies.

just looked on a local companies website and there sayin power goes up 187 and torque up to 220?

It'll roughly go up to 180 ish bhp wise depending how which remap you choose. Fastchip is most popular on here bud. Can buy a used rstuner for £100 ish and to unlock cost £50 ish then the free map then sell it on again after you've done :)

Clio 172 phase 2
Thanks for that. what is the used rs tuner? im just learnin whats what with these clios. had an old S1 turbo before this.

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Doubtful of any BHP gains whatsoever tbh, definately improved drivability and lower down torque tho..

Clio 172 phase 2
thanks again for that. i aint got the bottle to try that lol. a company near me will do it on the rollin road for £200. dont know what re map they use tho.

RB 182
So am I right in thinking...buy an RS Tuner, buy an unlock code, and after that, the map is free? Is it as simple as it sounds, just plug and play?

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
So am I right in thinking...buy an RS Tuner, buy an unlock code, and after that, the map is free? Is it as simple as it sounds, just plug and play?

Yea its as simple as it sounds, just make sure you back up your ecu and that your car battery is fully charged as you dont want to brick your ecu :)

PH1 172 Sport
Peak gains will be hardly anything but you normally get a nice slab of power and torque in the middle of the rev range which is why everyone talks of improved drivability.

R26
sorry to hijack but im thinking of gettin remapped (rs tuner) and matching my inlets, i should match my inlets before i remap it shouldnt i?