ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Replica

Clio Sport Rep
614941_475228952488312_385202825_o.jpg

This is the car when I bought it. Got the Sport 172 alloys on it.

Modifications so far:

Body coloured most of trim apart from front bumper number plate trim and spoiler and door handles
Tinted rear windows
K&N induction kit
Carbon wrap dash trim
New head unit
Uprated speakers

Things to do:
Fit 40mm lowering springs that have in garage
Possibly get alloys refurbed and sprayed gun metal grey
Spray and Fit the Sport Rear bumper as currently in primer stage
Team Heko wind deflectors
Fit Sport Front and Rear door cards plus sport rear seating
Get sport front bumper, arch liners, wings and side skirts

Clio Sport Rep
Check my thread out. I've got the 172 alloys in anthracite and I've got the 172 alcantara interior (seats and door cards) fitted.

Give you an idea :)

Very nice car :) Love the anthracite alloys and sport interior. That's the next thing I think, then lower it

Clio Sport Rep
Purchased the alcantara 172 door cards today, front and rear :)

Hopefully they will arrive Friday or weekend so I can get them fitted. Pictures to follow

DoorTrims_zps5efe9291.jpg

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely car :approve: Did you get the sport side skirts, wings, bumper and arch liners?

Yeah it had the full kit! No front arch liners though as it scraped with them on.

needed 25mm spacers on the front with the sport wings being wider.

Clio Sport Rep
Yeah it had the full kit! No front arch liners though as it scraped with them on.

needed 25mm spacers on the front with the sport wings being wider.

Very nice. Got the Sport Rear bumper to go on. Got the Sport Archliners for that as well

Clio Sport Rep
Door cards have been fitted and look good :approve:

Got sport rear bench seat on the way as well so can fit that when it arrives.

Any further suggestions?

Clio Sport Rep
Got some 182 Alloys and have started the process of Refurbing in Anthracite. The colour is close to the original.

BEFORE:

2013-07-11-17-56-38_deco_zpsaf8ae524.jpg

AFTER:

8242ca34-3acb-49ef-9f4c-8c2ad7a0ad42_zps80634150.jpg

Got some 182 Alloys and have started the process of Refurbing in Anthracite. The colour is close to the original.

BEFORE:

2013-07-11-17-56-38_deco_zpsaf8ae524.jpg

AFTER:

8242ca34-3acb-49ef-9f4c-8c2ad7a0ad42_zps80634150.jpg
Looks a decent match!

Regarding the alcantara, what size did you purchase for the roof lining? I cba going measuring :rasp:

Clio Sport Rep
Looks a decent match!

Regarding the alcantara, what size did you purchase for the roof lining? I cba going measuring :rasp:

Cheers mate. I ordered the 10cm x 10cm sample first to make sure it was the right colour and texture then ordered the 250cm x 145cm. The extra length should give the ability to match contours of the headliner and ensure plenty to fold over the edges and secure it in place.

Clio Sport Rep
Good stuff. Is it a similar colour to the seats, or slightly darker? Or different altogether?

The colour match isn't too bad to be honest but as it's going on the roof and not close to the door cards or the seats then a slight variation won't really look out of place. Best thing would be to order a sample piece as that way you aren't taking my word that it's ok and each persons observation of the colour is different :)

Cheers for the help Mike. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, looking forward to seeing it coming along.

Clio Sport Rep
Cheers for the help Mike. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, looking forward to seeing it coming along.

No problem :) Get the rest of the 182's refurbed and on the car then sort out the spraying of the body panels. Then all the detailing from there.

Clio Sport Rep
2013-09-26-12-48-53_deco_zps283223ef.jpg

Headliner finished in Alcantara. Hopefully get it back in the car end of next week depending on the weather.

Last edited: