ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 sat nav question

Megane R26
Just picked up a 2004 172 flamer. With the sat nav option.
The screen is blank but buttons are lit up and respond with audio response to me Pressing buttons.

It gives directions also.

Seems to be In standby mode? How can I get the display up again? Or reset?

Thanks

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Screen comes on with the ignition.

You can usually press in the main knob and it'll turn the screen on.

Sounds like your screen is either dead or has a loose connection. Easy to get to by removing the top dash.

20171121_124711.jpg

Megane R26
Screen comes on with the ignition.

You can usually press in the main knob and it'll turn the screen on.

Sounds like your screen is either dead or has a loose connection. Easy to get to by removing the top dash.

View attachment 1364941
Removed dash, all seems connected just fine. I can get it to say 'softer' when I press + or - buttons. Apprently previous owner had it In standby mode and screen hasn't come back on since.

Any ideas guys?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
There's no standby mode that I know of that stops it from coming on with the Ignition.

You can try removing the earth for half an hour to reset all the system, but I'm pretty certain there's no standby mode. Be nice if there was as I hate having to turn off the screen everytime I turn on the b*****d car.

I'll check later when I get in the car whether she says louder and quieter still with the screen off.

Yeah, I don't think there's a stand by mode.

I don't understand how it's giving directions, but the screen isn't on ? Directions to where ? lol!!
Have you taken the CD out and put it back in again ? Other than that try the connections on the actual unit & the back of the aerial on the roof.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I don't think there's a stand by mode.

I don't understand how it's giving directions, but the screen isn't on ? Directions to where ? lol!!
Have you taken the CD out and put it back in again ? Other than that try the connections on the actual unit & the back of the aerial on the roof.
Makes me think the screens blown and he's just managed to click through to get directions

Megane R26
No idea where it was guiding me to! Was on the way home from picking it up. Buttons are lit, screen isn't. I've reset ecu, had dash off and unplugged everything and re inserted the CD.

Must be the screen. Will be fun tracking one down.. ?

Megane R26
My sat nav decided to work for a few mins!

I was driving the car gently when the car totally died halfway around a corner. At the same time the sat nav screen flashed up!

The car then wouldn't start at first, cranking over but not firing up. I waited a couple of mins and it started?

Anyway, I have no idea what happened but tbe car dying seemed to fire up the sat nav display!

I input my address, moved off and the display went blank again! I can't seem to get it back.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Weird.
Check out my recent for sale thread mate. I have some proper gaskets on the way for the aerial base as they are always gone leaving a gap.