ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 service kit

Octavia vRS tfsi
I try to do most of my own servicing and general maintenance on the car myself - be it changing the brakes, suspension, oil, filter etc.
In terms of what I should be changing on my ph1 172 during regular servicing, is there anything recommended in addition to the oil & oil filter?

Had a quick look on GSF and there doesn't seem to be any 'service kit' listed on there, is there such a thing elsewhere?

Thanks
Ian

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Well technically spark plugs and gearbox oil need doing once in a blue moon. Not part of a regular service schedule.

gearbox oil is probably never changed on servicing, so it might be a good idea to get that changed with some castrol gpx 75/80 (3.1 litres)

Spark plugs dont need changing until 72k.

As for regular scheduling:

Oil/Oil filter
Air filter / check and clean /replace
cabin filter / check and clean / replace
General inspection of engine mounts/engine bay
Check brakes/brake fluid and top up as necessary
check coolant and top up / change
Check all bulbs and lights are working
check horn
check tyre tread etc..

Get a list of pre mot checks and go through them....thats a good place to start,.

Octavia vRS tfsi
All the above listed are just general maintenance. Plugs and gearbox oil are once in a blue moon affair.

Cabin filter seems to be the only one I overlook ... where is this located?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
All the above listed are just general maintenance. Plugs and gearbox oil are once in a blue moon affair.

Cabin filter seems to be the only one I overlook ... where is this located?
Under the drivers side slam panel.

Lots of Alfas
A lot of people dont realise that the fuel filter should be replaced every 36k on a 172mk1. If theres no evidence of them being done other than the normal stuff Id bleed the brakes and cooling system.