ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 slave cylinder?

zere be very little space for you to do it in the car.

Prepare for lots of swearing, pushing and shoving, loss of skin, prying, more cursing, getting it on then finding out its misalighned or you left off the release bearing and having to take it apart again lol.

Lionel Richie
drop the subframe or take the whole engine out

big job, can be done in a day if you know what you're doing, but if you havnet' done one, it'll take you a weekend

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
drop the subframe or take the whole engine out

big job, can be done in a day if you know what you're doing, but if you havnet' done one, it'll take you a weekend
it was my first took me 5 days (3hours per nite)

had to get 16vjohn to get the box out as it was jammed on the subframe..

imo its a bad idea to it.. im pretty handy and i regret it.

i could get it done at black diamond clutchs in warrington for 290 inc vat... and they give a 2 year garentee on them

did my mates 172 clutch in 5/6 hours was'nt hard :D

Just watch for the steering angle sensor needing re-callibrated, cos you'll need the clip to do that !!!

Ph1 172
when posted i was havin probs with gears crashing and struggling to get gears. was gonna take the box out myself at work as it has already had one before an did not think renault would entertain another. how ever spoke to darlingtons in harlow and they done the gearbox under warranty (seals and a few rods, bit vauge on descrition lol) and i payed for the cluch.

so all well until 10 mins ago, on way home an cars gone into limp mode and is idling between 1k and 3k. i know they suffer form coil pack problems but what about the pretenseometer?

so all well until 10 mins ago, on way home an cars gone into limp mode and is idling between 1k and 3k. i know they suffer form coil pack problems but what about the pretenseometer?

Err no idea thaere no such word.

Could be a number of things most likly they've not plugged a sensor in or theres a hole somwhere in the plebham etc.

Ph1 172

Err no idea thaere no such word.

Could be a number of things most likly they've not plugged a sensor in or theres a hole somwhere in the plebham etc.

ive had it back over a day and its only just played up. ive just been through a lot of heavy rain and no how tempremental the coil packs can be. just dont understand why the idle is all over the place, it sound like a pretenseometer to me as revs are holding up lond after ive let of the throttle. im gonna go down there tomorrow and see what the fault code is.