ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 sold, what next......

S2000

...I think it has to be CTR. I want a new car that I can afford to run and is on par with the 172. Im not changing car because I think the 172 is a bad car, Im just bored with it now and having any car for 2 years is long enough for me! I will either be going for a v.low millage 2nd hand CTR or a brand new one from http://www.drivethedeal.comwww.drivethedeal.com.

The plan was to go for the LCR, but since there are no new ones left and coupled with a 5 month waiting list for the 225, I cannot wait, the 172 is loosing too much money. I was offered £8,500 for a trade in by one dealer, that scared me!!!:confused:

Having said all that, dont expect to get rid of me that easy, I will still be frequenting the boards, and mollesting a few Clios on the local Scottish meets(if Im still allowed - Marc;)).

I will have a tear in my eye as I watch my car drive away next week, I really have loved owning it and at the same time hated it, but thats all part of the course with owning a Renault!! Theres still a Clio in the family, so that will ease the pain slightly!

Cheers

Paul

S2000 because the engine is great!

Or the CTR, or ITR.................actaully, something with hondas here!

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Oh btw, teady172 is gone, long live Paul_CTR!!

:D

P.S Jas any chance you can delete "teady172" as I cant use my desired email address, as it says it is already in use! - ta!

yea, S2000......its not amazing until you realise what they are capable off......most people just dont know how to drive them.

And that engine, tell me 125bhp/ltr isnt amazing.....

It is pretty impressive, but I dont think I could carry off driving a S2000 at this point in my life!!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Well, enjoy it. I chose a 172 over a CTR (straight choice, company purchase, same cost to me) cos it was easier to live with. But if you can stand the ride - enjoy!

Oh and BTW Ill have a pint of gold top and a sliced wholemeal loaf please.. ;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Paul_BreadVanCTR

There is a silver V6 Clio at only £17,000, with only 2,000 miles on the clock for sale over Markinch way, which cant be far from you!!

I thought about it then decided against it as it really isnt at all practical.

Ad

MK2 FRS

What about an S3, gonna be my next car, the CTR just isnt better enough tha nt the 172 to justify the change. To say the spec on a CTR is basic would be and understatment.

mk2 172

lol youll not be the same without being teady 172! i envy the line up on your drive mate, hope the new cars a good un, nice choice, the vtec is awesome when it kicks in almost like my vts coming on cam hehehe

I dont think the CTR is good enough to justify the change on those merits alone adtmits, but other factors have to come into it as well.

Quote: Originally posted by greeper on 24 August 2003

CTRs are nice, but very common, but should give you a nice smile:D S3 or R32 would be my choice.
i would run as far and as fast as i could from VAGs A3 (not the car) platform.

Ad

MK2 FRS

The one thing I would be looking for in a new car is build quality and the some bad stories going around, but not admitdley as bad as the renault ones.

I think its the luck of the draw adtmits, I havent had a day of problems really with my current 172.

All acedemic now anyway, as I just ordered a black CTR about an hour ago, picking it up next Monday!!!!!!

:D

CTR build quality is better than cliosport, as will straight line speed, but only just. Is it worth 5-6k with trade in? Hell no!

Bye Bye

williams and trophy

yeah the ctrs aint that quik................wen a willy(3 up) can catch n pass one(also 3 up) easier than it can a certain vts..............hehe

they look like mpvs and they not quik.

worth more than a 127???????

yeah rite

Elise/VX220/R26

Id be going for turbo power next, phase 1 scoob or ideally a lancer evo for me next...or maybe a VX220 or if I get a payrise a lotus elise :)

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 24 August 2003

yeah the ctrs aint that quik................wen a willy(3 up) can catch n pass one(also 3 up) easier than it can a certain vts..............hehe

they look like mpvs and they not quik.

worth more than a 127???????

yeah rite

We will see soon enough how fast his CTR is, if he can match me im sure your Willy wouldn’t pass it.