ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Steering Angle Sensor Woes

Clio 172
Right all, looking for a bit of help here.

Ive recently changed my steering wheel over to a smaller OMP wheel and done the nessecary resistor job for the airbag light, however since changing it over, ive got the SERV & traction warning light showing constantly. Ive read the codes and it is a Steering Angle Sensor fault DF076.

Now, a bit of background, when i first swapped over the steering wheel, the positive & negative connectors for the horn touched and ended up burning the wires and was basically unsalvagable, so i got a replacement indicator stalk unit. The replacement came and the part numbers matched exactly, the new unit also came with a steering angle sensor.

I installed the new indicator stalk unit along with steering angle sensor, and the lights still will not go off. Ive tried to reset the lights using my high end diagnostic kit, but can't delete the fault. Ive also tried putting the original steering angle sensor back on the car, but still no joy.

Has this happened to any of you lot? And if so what is the solution? Really doing my head in. Got MOT coming up and as much as i want this for the track, i need it to stay road legal aswell.

Any help is much appreciated.