ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 - stereo code

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Hi,

I went to renault over the weekend and the cheeky b4stards wanted £15 for a 4 digit code for the stereo.

Does anyone know of any way I can get hold of the code.

I have looked through my service booklet as suggested on other threads but that came to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Did you buy it from the dealer you ask for it from?
When i needed mine I phoned the service department and gave them my reg and they gave it me. Surely they cant charge you for your own radio code!!!!

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Didnt buy it brand new Im affraid.

Yeah they said they had recently started charging for it... !!

I could understand If I turned up with no documents proving I owned the car.... but they still wanted to charge me £15

C

phone and ask for the service department and tell them u need it and your not paying for it because its part of your car!

Volvo S60 T5
Chrisbaker1000 said:
Yeah I heard the chassis number is required.... Mike@Rentech?? does he come on this forum?

C

I used to be able to get them but things have changed, I get charged 15+vat for the codes.:(

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
i got mine the other week, just went in a showed them my slip to show i owned the car and they gave me it!

1998 BMW e46 323i
my mate is assist manager for reno main dealer, over the phone all was sorted. £15, the cheeky bugg*rs!!!!!

I got mine unlocked for about £10 i think.

Took it to some place and they had the software to unlock them and change the code.

I asked in my local Halfords of places that unlocked stereos and they directed me right to them.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
BUMPY....

Thanks for all your suggestions, recomendation and connections..... however all have led to no avail...

Im getting a bit peeved off not having any tunes as I now find myself listening out for rattles/knocks/squeeks....

Think I might have to stop being a tight ass and pay £15...... unless there is someone out there who could help :)

Cheers
Chris