ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Stereo

Hi All im still well chuffed with my new 172 mk2 sport even though i know the problems are probably coming.

One thing thats really cheesed me off is the quality of the stereo, ITS ABSOLUTE PANTS!!

Has anyone had any success in changeing the speakers for after market jobs, id like to keep it looking standard i.e with the original headunit,

what does it sound like and where can i purchase from

cheers!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The oe headunit is the problem. ok so the speakers are sh*t too but the hu is the thing that needs to be changed

yes you can easily change the speakers for aftermarket ones, but to benefit you need to change the head unit

front speakers - 5.25" mid in doors and tweeter in dash

rear speakers - 5.25" co-axial in rear 1/4 panels

Stealth Bomber R26

Its the HU just changed mine out for a Sony CDX-M800 what a difference just waiting for the connects2.com adapter to arrive to get the stalk controls and display back. Definitely change the HU

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_br on 15 December 2003

Its the HU just changed mine out for a Sony CDX-M800 what a difference just waiting for the connects2.com adapter to arrive to get the stalk controls and display back. Definitely change the HU

thats a tidy looking stereo mate, will it work o.k with the standard renault cd changer .. also is it just a case of getting an adapter to fit the renault wire loom to the sony or due you need to cut it

Stealth Bomber R26

The 172 has ISO connectors on the Renault loom and the Sony HU comes with an adapter loom that connects to these and the HU. There is a bus connector on the back of the HU for a changer but might be worth a call to Reno or Sony to check compatability. When I spoke to Sony about the adapter for the stalk and display they were very helpful. Should pick it up tonight I will post a reply on how I get on installing it as soon as I have done it