ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 surging at speed

Clio Sport 172
Hi guys I'm new to forum after buying my first clio 172 yesterday.
I have a bit of an annoying problem that I'm hoping one of you guy's can come up with a possible solution to.
Firstly the car is a 2004 172.
When driving at normal around town and country road speed it runs and drives fine even on cruise control but once you get onto the motorway and try sitting at 70 mph or above whether on using cruise or not it starts to surge as though you are lifting your foot on and off the throttle it reminds me of older cars with a distributor if the timing was too far advanced you would get the same feeling but obviously on this thing there aint no distributor to adjust.
The car has already had new plugs and a coil pack which I can only presume was to try and sort this fault out but to no avail so any help would be greatly appreciated :).