ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 to rs200

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
My commute is all fast flowing B roads, minimal traffic.

I set the C/C at 60-65mph for most of the 70 mile drive, and depending on traffic, not having to slow down etc.

i can average anything from 33 to 35+/-

In stop start it drops to under 30, they aren't good in standing traffic, but no car is.

I think it's a 50 litre tank Chip, I think? Around £70'ish to brim. I'll do a detailed thread for an accurate conclusion on the mpg Sunday.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
My commute is all fast flowing B roads, minimal traffic.

I set the C/C at 60-65mph for most of the 70 mile drive, and depending on traffic, not having to slow down etc.

i can average anything from 33 to 35+/-

In stop start it drops to under 30, they aren't good in standing traffic, but no car is.

I think it's a 50 litre tank Chip, I think? Around £70'ish to brim. I'll do a detailed thread for an accurate conclusion on the mpg Sunday.

70 quid is 50 litres yes, so if you get to over 400 to that then its heading towards 35mpg territory.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
MK3 has a 55 litre tank btw.

​Also, cruise control is proven to use more fuel than the driver pressing the peddle themselves does.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So technically, my car would do more, if I don't use cruise

Some people claim so.

Unless its very badly programmed though and hence makes such big and frequent adjustments to keep triggering the accel enrichment cycle on the ECU it seems unlikely.

As wether its you or the CC making the input, its still the same ETB ultimately setting the throttle angle anyway.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I've experienced CC on all of my past cars (That had it fitted) and wife's cars (That had it fitted) with CC definitely drunk more fuel when using CC.

Topgear also mentioned this a number of times when they do their Eco drives.

PB Clio 172
I have always thought cc uses more fuel. Had a discussion with a mate and he thought he was right, maybe I am right.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It depends if when not on CC you try and stick to an exact speed, or let it naturally speed up and slow down a bit for hills.

PB Clio 172
Agree there. From my point of view if I had cc on my Clio I wouldn't use it much as makes the driving a bit dull and boring!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The best feature on the mk2 CC setup is the speed limiter, perfect for motorway 50mph limits in roadworks

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Yeah, I find myself using the speed limiter on the average speed camera's. useful option

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
32b8f298b88a08ce6462c16dbfbf6e1f_zpsfd3599e9.jpg

f70f9155edd67959cfa8fd23cd66bdb9_zpsbfe4f1a1.jpg

Ive done 212 to Oulton Park today, half a tank left now, averaged 34.1 mpg 69mph on CC

RB 200
IMO, I was surprised to find out that mine diodn't have air con (for saying how modern the car is). But TBH I'm not that bothered because it'd just make the fuel consumption even worse and its something else to go wrong!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ive done 212 to Oulton Park today, half a tank left now, averaged 34.1 mpg 69mph on CC

only 34mpg at 69mph is pretty poor when you are used to the 1*2 which would be over 40mpg.

Still im sure 15% more in fuel isnt the end of the world unless you are doing loads of miles.

RB 200
Yea, £70 to fill up, but the price of fuel these days that's not exactly a great amount, I think I get about 450 miles per tank on a good run with CC on and about 275 per tank round the doors / work and back

speed limiter is definitely a handy tool! it's so easy to slip 1-2 mph over in average speed zones

Suzuki Jimny
Have only used the speed limiter once to see if it works. As soon as you go full throttle (Which is all the time, because racecar) it cancels it.
Don't understand why you would use the speed limiter over cruise control in a 50 limit.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Have only used the speed limiter once to see if it works. As soon as you go full throttle (Which is all the time, because racecar) it cancels it.
Doesnt on our 172

Don't understand why you would use the speed limiter over cruise control in a 50 limit.
Because if in traffic in a 50mph limit you keep changing your speed, but its nice to know that when you do then without any attention on your part the car will stop you accidentally going over 50mph, which is easily done if you drive looking at the road not the speedo.

Suzuki Jimny
Ah I suppose that makes sense actually. I live in Wales so any 50 limits I come across I just keep the cruise on, no traffic apart from the odd horse and cart.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah I suppose that makes sense actually. I live in Wales so any 50 limits I come across I just keep the cruise on, no traffic apart from the odd horse and cart.

Lol.

Yeah, I use cruise when the road is not busy (which is usually between 4:20 and 4:23 am in the case of the M25) , and limiter when it is.
Nice system to have both options I think :)

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
I have a 1.2 campus lol and went to a Renault dealership the other day to query a 200 sat inside it and fell in love. Looks nice and wide/chunky has a real nice look and feel considering my car I have now my 1.2 is f**ked I get on average 30-35 mpg! So technically I am running a 200 on a 1.2! If I do get one its going to be a car for me for a few years to have.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I have a 1.2 campus lol and went to a Renault dealership the other day to query a 200 sat inside it and fell in love. Looks nice and wide/chunky has a real nice look and feel considering my car I have now my 1.2 is f**ked I get on average 30-35 mpg! So technically I am running a 200 on a 1.2! If I do get one its going to be a car for me for a few years to have.
Hi what dealer did you visit, make sure you have a good look around and get the colour and spec you want, you wont be getting 30-35 mpg mine reads 26 and i drive it like a baby:) css will be good chance to see the different cars/specs.

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
Hi what dealer did you visit, make sure you have a good look around and get the colour and spec you want, you wont be getting 30-35 mpg mine reads 26 and i drive it like a baby:) css will be good chance to see the different cars/specs.
I went to Renault Romford there was a nice White RS 200 no cup spoiler so I take it base package. So I have been looking around and found dealers (Not Renault) selling fairly cheaper than main dealerships, with cup packs I presume. I have months to think about it or until my car blows up into oblivion. I was really keen on the Fiesta ZS Eco-boost too, but the RS Clio 200 is such a nice shape and has a nice look to it. CSS will be a good place for me have a look so roll on the 22nd. I average about £200 a month petrol in mine if I drive 5th gear everywhere which I shouldn't have to in a 1.2 the biggest digit I have seen on the trip is 40mpg