ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 topped out at 220kph

Why? I thought the top speed from a 172 was 245?

Could it be the 17s? The weather(24 degrees)? Or limited to 220?

I was on the autobahn behind some cars at 170 when they all pulled over and I had a clear road in front of me. Sunny, dry and perfect visibility so I thought it was the perfect chance to find out the top end. Up to 220 it pulled the whole way but once it got there it just stopped. Not red lining, not complaining, just stopped going any further. Any ideas?

I know the 17s change the speedo reading slightly but the 3% or so would still only make it 226 which is nowhere near 245.

i have 17s on mine when i reached 142mph reading on the clock ,, it might not be pushing the right amount bhp out could be a less powerful 172??

seems strange tho

It just seemed strange it pulled all the way to 220 then stopped. Guess its not a big problem as I dont drive 220 everywhere!! :D

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Ive had 143mph in my Cup.... It was really struggling to go any faster too. So I think thats about it. It was very dark, and cold, so lots of dense air being sucked it, and it was on a slight down hill. Maybe it will go a bit faster but not much.

erm the clio v6 and nicks valver and mats cup thats how lol on the euro trip we left everyone else and floored it for the last leg home hehe

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

220km/h is the official top speed I believe

Itll be hard to get anymore since you need a LOT more bhp to overcome the drag