ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 under 4k

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

I have 4k max to spend on a car. Would you buy a high mileage (ie 100k) 172?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

if its been serviced regulary and it seems in good nick i probably would.

but i would like to get it checked out by someone who knew more than me.

your tempted then im guessing?

It really depends on how long your wanting to keep the car... if its just a short term fix then yeah i would go for it.. but if your looking for a car that your going to keep for a while I would try getting something with less miles..

there is a lovely Diablo red 106 GTi on autotrader for £3795 from a garage. its on 50k with full service history, just had cambelt done and service. comes with warrenty etc - thats what i would go for!!

A well built VW

Clart if you look hard enough there are plenty that sell (Mk1s) for less than £4k with decent mileage - not on here tho... Try Ebay thats your best bet

i would get the williams that in the for sale section.

60 odd k miles, and its a minter.

in fact, i would probably have it if it wasnt in Glasgow!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 22 June 2005
drove weemans ?

Weeman has a Mk2, Bumbaclart has a Mk1. ;)

Clart, why dont you just hold out for a few months... prices will keep falling and with yet another face lift around the corner youll start seeing them under 4k for the examples you are currently looking at and 4k will get you something with better mileage.

Yeah I would hold out for a little longer and try and get a little more £s together.

I reckon in a couple of months you could get a 172 mk1 50k miles with a full service history for about £4500 - £5k

Who knows if you look around you may get one now.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

i want a newer car with about 50k on the clock. I know i wont get a 172 for £4k, but i could probly stretch to 4500 for the right car.

Mikey - lets talk turkey

if you hang on a couple of weeks you might be able to get a Trophy.

£4k you think. Honestly, the residuals are that good on clios.