ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 v cup v v6

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Isn't a big part of why people love it, because it's a challenge? Like a 911?

Clio v6
Isn't a big part of why people love it, because it's a challenge? Like a 911?

Yes.

I got very bored with my 172, it soon became just too similar to the Saxo VTS. Handled well but I felt they were just to secure and forgiving. Perhaps I should have waited for the hedge hugging cup version?

Thankfully the v6 came along at the right moment, the danger factor was resumed.

The MK 2 v6 is a tad lifty 160+ but I believe a wee front spoiler helps this a bit and I'm still looking around for something that looks half decent.

Burgandy 174 sport t
Yes.

I got very bored with my 172, it soon became just too similar to the Saxo VTS. Handled well but I felt they were just to secure and forgiving. Perhaps I should have waited for the hedge hugging cup version?

Thankfully the v6 came along at the right moment, the danger factor was resumed.

The MK 2 v6 is a tad lifty 160+ but I believe a wee front spoiler helps this a bit and I'm still looking around for something that looks half decent.

lol no bad

RS RIP
i know a guy who does competion racing (also the former clio cup races) , and he was always so impressed how hard you can throw the 172 in+out the curves. There was almost no other car that compared .

Clio v6
Well yes of course this is nothing unusual as the v6 cruises nicely in 6th gear. I imagine a 172 or Cup would do the same if you're late for an appointment?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
160 + my s**tter

160.6mph GPS and still had 400RPM to go ya FA NNY!

Even on std suspension the vee handles better than the 172...I've no confidence in my 172...Understeers like a PIG! It's slow till 5k then it torque steers! Will be gone in march/april time.

At the end of the day even if you test drive the car, it's not urs, there NO way you can fully understand the limits of the car. Very few people on here are in a position to comment which is why i get a bit pissed off.

Warren ur included, driving round Brum at 30 in the rain gi'in it Jean Ragnotti moves does not give u a valid opinion!

I'll take you for a spin next yr at the ring, then you can make a comment!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Blah! You just stunt around, windows down, aviators on, Kenny Logins playin. TBF, tis an epic car for that,

Audi
160.6mph GPS and still had 400RPM to go ya FA NNY!

Even on std suspension the vee handles better than the 172...I've no confidence in my 172...Understeers like a PIG! It's slow till 5k then it torque steers! Will be gone in march/april time.

At the end of the day even if you test drive the car, it's not urs, there NO way you can fully understand the limits of the car. Very few people on here are in a position to comment which is why i get a bit pissed off.

Warren ur included, driving round Brum at 30 in the rain gi'in it Jean Ragnotti moves does not give u a valid opinion!

I'll take you for a spin next yr at the ring, then you can make a comment!

Ali

You must be the most passionate and protective person about a car that i have ever met :):)
You are one of the few that has experience of both,so your opinion must count for something.
Keep up the good work mate :hail:

Alex

MCS R56
Ali

You must be the most passionate and protective person about a car that i have ever met :):)
You are one of the few that has experience of both,so your opinion must count for something.

Alex

I hope you had Kleenex close by. Your keyboard must be covered!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Blah! You just stunt around, windows down, aviators on, Kenny Logins playin. TBF, tis an epic car for that,

Change Logins for a bit of !CHOOOREFUNK! and your about right!

Ali

Alex

lol! It's a Hypercar what can i say! ;)

Nippy white cup
The mk2 must be a hell of a lot faster than the mk1 top end then...I remember Matts MK1 taking an age to struggle to 150 on the speedo! so 160 mph gps must have taken from here to the ring to get to!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The mk2 must be a hell of a lot faster than the mk1 top end then...I remember Matts MK1 taking an age to struggle to 150 on the speedo! so 160 mph gps must have taken from here to the ring to get to!

not really mate, was sitting about 100 anyway, then hit the restricted and dropped to 5th and went for it. No more than a couple of miles! Then the Trevor scremed past about 175+ Oh the noise.

Burgandy 174 sport t
Having had 2 172's and a 182 before the vee I can safely say the 1*2's were more fun to throw about down a back road, but to say the vee doesnt handle at all is crap tbh.

The vee is faster in a straight line it doesnt handle any worse for me in the dry the wet however u just cant go fast or it will kill you. Anyway the looks and sound are enough to want one over a 1*2.

If you wanna talk about handling my 500 quid xsi 106 was better than any 1*2 I have owned!

Differenrt cars for different people.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Having had 2 172's and a 182 before the vee I can safely say the 1*2's were more fun to throw about down a back road, but to say the vee doesnt handle at all is crap tbh.

The vee is faster in a straight line it doesnt handle any worse for me in the dry the wet however u just cant go fast or it will kill you. Anyway the looks and sound are enough to want one over a 1*2.

If you wanna talk about handling my 500 quid xsi 106 was better than any 1*2 I have owned!

Differenrt cars for different people.
Thats a more level comment. The Vee has sooo much grip, but when it lets go (in 99% of peoples hands) its a problem.

Lionel Richie
not really mate, was sitting about 100 anyway, then hit the restricted and dropped to 5th and went for it. No more than a couple of miles! Then the Trevor scremed past about 175+ Oh the noise.

i've hit 153gps down bruntingthorpe (2mile run)

ST
I seen a V6 once...

As for picking up pace, after 100 the V6 will kill a 172/182/197 without any problems at all...as demonstrated by Big Iain, stuck to my diffuser at 100+ along our private runway...(cough cough the queens way)...

Burgandy 174 sport t
I seen a V6 once...

As for picking up pace, after 100 the V6 will kill a 172/182/197 without any problems at all...as demonstrated by Big Iain, stuck to my diffuser at 100+ along our private runway...(cough cough the queens way)...

Only coz u were hoggin the outside lane otherwise I would have been by lol

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/785111.htm

There ya go people less than 800 quid and u will slightly annoy a 1*2 down any road thats not a mile straight

Ah the memories!