ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 v's Mk1 XK8

RenaultSport clio 172
Had a play with one of these last night and ive got to say i held my own with ease. The road was a slow A road into a roundabout and then onto a two mile long very wide open fast A road. With the 172's super sharp handling i had a bit more exit speed from the roundabout onto the wide stretch but from there on he could not gain on me at all. Anyone know the performance spec of these?

cock mobile.
I remember pulling past one fairly easily really in the cup with the ex in the car, up a hill.

The guy did not look impressed, I just remember her laughing :)

Not suprised you had the edge to be honest mate but on the other hand I can't picture an XK8 driver been the sort to be giving it full beans.

Octy VRS
They aren't that quick due to weighing about the same as a medium sized whale. Plus they have the same chassis and suspension setup that Henry the Eighth had on his daily transport. The XKR would be a different story though I'd imagine.

RenaultSport clio 172
Ive got a mk2 172 ff, he was giving it beans, got well past three figures! It was a convertible too so the handling would be more like back in the realms of William the Conquerer! The XKR is a different kettle of fish and wouldnt have standed a chance, they are 300bhp easily!

Megane Trophy, Golf
Ive got a mk2 172 ff, he was giving it beans, got well past three figures! It was a convertible too so the handling would be more like back in the realms of William the Conquerer! The XKR is a different kettle of fish and wouldnt have standed a chance, they are 300bhp easily!

Dude your id says 182! :)

RenaultSport clio 172
290bhp, thats a fair amount!

Yeah when i joined i was looking to buy a 182 but got a 172 cause i couldnt be arsed to spend the extra money, havent got round to changing it

MCS R56
Those XK8's suck. I don't think a typical XK8 driver would even notice a Clio smoking it. They look like they would be better with a sail on the roof. Maybe Top Gear can help?

Breaking A 172 Replica
To the day I have never seen a car go from 90 to 130+ as quick as an XKR did on the A1 about 3months ago.

Sam

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
XKRs are still big and heavy. Myself and Nik on track at Goodwood hassled two XKRs out of the way that were there having a play with each other. They'd bugger off on every straight, but were on the brakes for each corner way too early.

Sound lovely under full load though :)

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
My step-dad has an XK8 and don't think he ever goes above 70mph, none of them drive them hard as they aren't that sort of car.

His is an auto, so it's takes some speed away.

I would of thought a straight line drag, the Jag with have the edge at the top end, but they only have a BHP/Ton of around 180.

Mate of mine had an XKR, was the annivarsary edition, sounded beautiful when you floored it. He sold it a couple of years back for an X5, fool!!