ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs. New MINI Cooper S

Fiesta ST Stage 3
The 172 MK 1 has a better bhp/ton than that of the cooper s . So the will be no match i dont agree with

172 = 163 bhp/ton

Cooper S = 157 bhp/ton

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
the new mcs are fast, very common to get low 16s and late 15s to the ton!

old ones were quite slow on comparison - more like strong warm hatch pace.

new ones are good :)

182 Clio
Are you talking about the new works edition It is 211 bhp and is fast and handles well. It was released yesterday and has no space and the basic model is basic for £21k.
The Clio wins for the cost, but the Mini will retain the money.
Speed, the Mini will just have it

PH2 172
I had a new CooperS for about 10days or so, and had chance to give it a good workout.

The engine pulls really well, and strong - it certainly feels quicker than the Clio as it will pull from lower down. Around a track, I'd expect it to be a bit quicker, but not massively so. On the road it may seem quicker than it is if the Clio driver gets stuck in the wrong gear. There's not much turbo lag in the CooperS, a little but not that noticable.

Handling wise, it is very nimble but it feels quite bulky too IMO. It did feel much stiffer than my Clio though, thats perhaps because it's 7 years old and the Mini only had 200 miles on it (over 1000 when I gave it back ;)). It did feel very well planted though, a little twitchy but at least you could feel it, rather than being completely numb.

Overall, I quite liked it. I liked it more than I thought I would. But there are still several things about it I didn't like - the centre console is hopeless and clumsy (despite how 'funky' it looks), the sound was pretty crappy too. If I bought one I'd have to have a better exhaust fitted as it just sounded bog standard. Gernally though it just felt like most other 'new' cars - a bit numb and more like you were sat on it, than in it.

Weeman sucks ****
old school ftw !

for the same price id take this over any new cooper s

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/543357.htm

Damn right. Love this one a mate has.

mini_small.jpg